+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 330 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Like Tree721Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

It's supposed to be PLUS 28C today here!!!! I cannot wait. I hope it gets that hot.

A baby's laugh, the smell of fresh cut grass, the smell of burning leaves (although it's not good for the environment), the smell after it's rained, puppy smell. I guess certain smells just make me really happy .

Also what makes me happy is reading the "Good News" thread here at fort. I love it when good things are happening to good people . And I'm really sad when any of you have troubles .

Getting my car out of storage today and putting over 100 miles on it just cruisin' with the top down. And I didn't pick it up until about noon.

Remember how I said I loved spring. Well, fuggeddabbboudit! We're expecting a blizzard for 4, count 'em FOUR DAYS!! My tulips are 5 inches out of the ground and I'm not happy about dragging out the old snowblower.

On the brighter side, I could use the exercise, and I have a fireplace with some dried out wood that would feel really nice to sit in front of when I need to defrost.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Bargains. We were at the store yesterday and they had a shopping cart full of discounted boxes of Cheerios. I usually buy the Malt-O-Meal version so I almost ignored it. Then I saw 3 boxes of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios in there for $.80 each. Can't beat that deal.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2928759;
    Bargains. We were at the store yesterday and they had a shopping cart full of discounted boxes of Cheerios. I usually buy the Malt-O-Meal version so I almost ignored it. Then I saw 3 boxes of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios in there for $.80 each. Can't beat that deal.
    That IS a deal. Cereal is so freaking expensive. I love cheerios, but I eat the plain ones.

My simple pleasure for today: I also got a bargain. I got a $10 off coupon in the mail for the grocery store. I love those. It's amazing how coupons really make me happy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Aubuchon Hardware gave our school a cash donation and the principal decided it would benefit the most students if he gave it to our team (we rotate all the students through our classes). We divided it up and have $45 ea. to spend on classroom supplies. We were giddy with excitement at lunch telling what we were going to do with our portion of the money. And then we realized what a sad statement that is that $45 is such a huge deal. I'm going to head to the bookstore and see if there is anything that would inspire my students there. So that's my simple pleasure... having $45 burning a hole in my pocket.
    Count your blessings!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Gut, 45 bucks is 45 bucks. I get excited when I get classroom money as well. I hope you can make your 45 bucks go a long way.

I'm happy because it's 80 degrees, sunny, and BEAUTIFUL today and it was an already scheduled off day in the school year, so no work today either.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2928759;
    Bargains.
    I bought a $600 gas grill at Sam's Club yesterday for $200 because the cabinet door was dented. It's an all stainless steel model, side burner, rotisserie and a searing burner.
    Can you tell I get my bonus check this week? I'm also getting a new top on my car.

MRD

Great bargain Unk. We used to have a Sears "scratch and dent" store near us. We bought all new appliances (this was about 16 years ago) for a fraction of the cost and you couldn't see the dents and scratches once they were in the kitchen.

Gut, have fun with your money. $45 is $45 less out of your own pocket and if you are like all the other teachers I know, you spend plenty of your own money. I'm glad you got a little bonus for your classroom.

My good news is that between me and my daughter's doctor, I actually got Walgreens to REFUND me part of the $150 I had to pay for prescriptions because they SCREWED up!
    My daughter got a Rx for a facial treatment for acne and the doctor wrote it for the liquid in the bottle. Walgreens tried to fill the "pump" spray form of it and the insurance refused to pay the extra $$$ for the "pump". Well the dr. got on the phone and talked to the manager, everyone pulled up the records and they screwed up, so they had to refund me the difference which was about $75. Can you believe that getting the SAME liquid in a bottle and in a spray pump is $75??? Neither could I. But at least I recouped some of the money.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread