+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 326 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

MRD

Re: What simple things make you happy?

watching my daughter blow out the candles on her birthday cake.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2905489;
    watching my daughter blow out the candles on her birthday cake.
    Belated Happy Birthday LUCY!!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Shhh misskitty...she'll hear you and she's been trying to make her birthday last and last!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2909249;
    Shhh misskitty...she'll hear you and she's been trying to make her birthday last and last!!
    I'm afraid it was officially over last night. Daddy got home, got a whole lot of attitude and the smackdown took place! Me and the dogs cowered in the bedroom. Daddy doesn't do this often, so when he does, it is one of those "sit up and take notice" moments, or as my mother used to say: "come to Jesus meetings".

My simple pleasure. Seeing my hubby's smiling (for a few min.) face when he walked in the door yesterday.

Coming home exhausted and aching after a long day and putting my leg up with the HEATING PAD. I looooooove my heating pad. It starts on the knee, then the shin, then the thigh, then under the thigh/knee, then the ankle, back to the knee. After an hour I can walk without crutches! It's just one long ahhhhhhhhh.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Gut, sounds heavenly!

MRD, glad Mr Rosie's home! (Should we be glad that the "smackdown" took place?) I bet he was glad to be back in the bosom of the family!

My simple pleasure is seeing a ray of sunshine (no, I haven't seen one yet today, but I'm hopeful!)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2913416;
    Gut, sounds heavenly!

MRD, glad Mr Rosie's home! (Should we be glad that the "smackdown" took place?) I bet he was glad to be back in the bosom of the family!

My simple pleasure is seeing a ray of sunshine (no, I haven't seen one yet today, but I'm hopeful!)
    That would be my pleasure too. We've had absolutely GORGEOUS weather. Was up to 80 yesterday. Today it's rainy and tomorrow the high will be 55. Spring is driving me crazy with this warm then cold weather. And it seems that it rains and is gloomy the entire time hubby is home between traveling so he's kind of sick of it too.

Yes, the smackdown was a good thing, the timing of it was not. He had a really bad day the last day of work, barely any sleep and was hoping to get home and relax and she started in IMMEDIATELY and was just being a witch and he was not in the mood for it and therefore, the smackdown happened. But it was a good thing as it needed to be done, we were just hoping to have the dreaded "family meeting" today and not the dad yelling his head off and her slamming doors 5 minutes after he got home the way it happened.

My simple pleasure was being able to go back to bed this mornig and sleep another 2 hours. Heaven on a pillow!!!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I think our high will be in the forties today and tomorrow-I just hope there's a ray fo sun in there somewhere. If not, my simple thing to make me happy is to get the border done on the quilt I've been working on (forever, it seems) for my son's wedding.

Attachment 24009

I saw my first spring robin yesterday, heard the music of an ice cream truck going down the street, and today I saw a little jack-a-bunny hopping in front of my house. Ahhhhhh. Spring. I love spring.
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

The dogwoods (pink and white), the azaleas and the wisteria is blooming. And it is just simply the most gorgeous of colors and blossoms right now. Just a ride to pay a bill is a simple pleasure soaking in all the beautiful blooms.

+ Reply to Thread