+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 330 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree713Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

MRD

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2887174;
    Mayberry story here. My nephew loves The Andy Griffith show. He worked at Opryland when he was in high school and college. George Lindsey aka Goober was there one day while my nephew was working giving tours of the Opry House. One of my nephew's bosses told Goober about Butch and his love of the show. So they introduced them and my nephew did one of the bits from one of the shows with Goober. He said George was really nice about it and went along with him line for line.
    Oh, I LOVE Goober!!!!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A very WARM/HOT shower.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2887339;
    A very WARM/HOT shower.
    The only thing better is a HOT bath in a huge tub. I could use one now. My neck is very stiff tonight and really aching.

I have to disagree mrd. Hehe. I don't like baths! I know call me crazy, but I'd rather stand under hot running water than sit in it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2887370;
    I have to disagree mrd. Hehe. I don't like baths! I know call me crazy, but I'd rather stand under hot running water than sit in it.
    I ALWAYS shower first and then take a bath. Call me crazy, but I feel the same way. I don't want to sit in "dirty" bath water.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2887174;
    Mayberry story here. My nephew loves The Andy Griffith show. He worked at Opryland when he was in high school and college. George Lindsey aka Goober was there one day while my nephew was working giving tours of the Opry House. One of my nephew's bosses told Goober about Butch and his love of the show. So they introduced them and my nephew did one of the bits from one of the shows with Goober. He said George was really nice about it and went along with him line for line.
    LOL

Here is my Mayberry story.....

My son was always whistling the Mayberry theme when he was younger. And he did it so well!

When my older two were in high school, my youngest was still in elementary. The older two had to leave the house at 6:45, the younger one not until 8:25. The older two were really good about getting themselves up and out, and hubby always made sure they were up before he left for work, so I usually did not get up with them. And I so enjoyed that I was able to sleep in that extra hour before having to get up to get my younger daughter off to school.

So one morning I slept in late, then got up to get the younger one onto the bus. After that I sat down to my coffee, breakfast and newspaper. All of a sudden, I hear the Mayberry theme loud and clear coming from my son's bedroom upstairs. I was convinced that my son was up in his room, skipping school (something he never did!) I ran up the stairs, opened his door and there was his pet cockatoo, bobbing his head up and down, whistling away. If I had not seen the bird with my own eyes, I'd never have believed it was the bird! My son had taught his bird the Mayberry theme song!

We have luke warm water in our apartments right now. A new water heater fried out and now we only have tepid water. I'm dreading my shower in the morning but I might take a hint from BB and boil some water for a quick bath and a rinse.

I do love bubble baths though!
    Last edited by buglover; 04-02-2008 at 01:34 AM.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I feel happy when someone waves me a thank you when we're driving on the road and I let them in. It's nice to be acknowledged, rather than given the finger.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2896236;
    I feel happy when someone waves me a thank you when we're driving on the road and I let them in. It's nice to be acknowledged, rather than given the finger.
    I always do the wave thing when someone does something nice for me on the road. It's my little way to say thank you for not being mean!

I'm home and it was a very emotionally personal night last night with my mom but today I feel so good to be home that nothing can stand in my way!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2896549;
    I always do the wave thing when someone does something nice for me on the road. It's my little way to say thank you for not being mean! I'm home and it was a very emotionally personal night last night with my mom but today I feel so good to be home that nothing can stand in my way!
    You Go GIRLIE GIRL!!

It's snowing, and although I'm not impressed as I was really, really, feeling springish yesterday, it's just gorgeous. I'm taking my camera out with me to try and capture some shots. I hope it doesn't weight too much. I'll be shovelling for sure.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread