+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 325 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Like Tree633Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Holding my niece for the first time today at my grandmother's life celebration. She made it a happy day despite all the sadness! And my nephew (in my avatar) what a smart cookie! He's already putting together sentences at 1 1/2!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thanks for the get-well wishes. They did help as I actually started feeling somewhat human today. Bug, babies are a wonderful confirmation that life does indeed go on despite our sadness.
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2882015;
    mrd...Your Japanese cherry tree is breathtaking....I've seen quite a few around here (along with gorgeous Bradford pear trees)
    The Bradford pears are so beautiful, but the blooms are gone now here, but a couple weeks ago, they were just everywhere and gorgeous.

I tried to post more pictures of my cherry tree, but had technical difficulties.

My car now looks like its been to a wedding as it rained yesterday and it's plasted with pink nad white petals from the tree.

It is one beautiful tree and I wish I could take it with us when we move. It's the only redeeming t hing about this house right now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love the smell of peanut butter when you just open a new jar and tear of the aluminum sealer. Except for today. See Animal Lovers thread.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Watching black and white reruns of The Andy Griffith Show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2883508;
    Watching black and white reruns of The Andy Griffith Show.
    Ok...I thought Mr. Buglover was the only one who loved Andy Griffith and watched it everyday!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I watch it here too and what I LOVE is that the "regular" station shows it during the day. I don't have to find it on tvland or something. It comes on the ABC station for an hour every day just before or just after the soaps. I can't remember. I don't watch it every single day, but I do catch it a few times a week.

Our church uses a Mayberry bible study where you watch an episode and then talk about it afterwards. One that I can remember was Opie getting caught lying so the "lesson" was about lying and the lesson Opie learned.

I have always liked this show since I was a child, but now I am married to "Opie". (his entire family called him that for close to 27 years and I finally asked that they stop when we got married and they did, but his report cards from Grammer School even have Opie as his first name on the card)
    And Waldo LOVES the whistling. Who knew that he likes the theme to Andy Griffith?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The simplicity of the time depicted, the acting...it's all just very soothing....like eating comfort food.

My latest simple thing to make me happy is being able to watch The Sopranos from episode 1. I never thought I'd care for it, and I am totally addicted. I am tickled to death!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mayberry story here. My nephew loves The Andy Griffith show. He worked at Opryland when he was in high school and college. George Lindsey aka Goober was there one day while my nephew was working giving tours of the Opry House. One of my nephew's bosses told Goober about Butch and his love of the show. So they introduced them and my nephew did one of the bits from one of the shows with Goober. He said George was really nice about it and went along with him line for line.

The smell of my shampoo when I wash my hair in the morning.

+ Reply to Thread