+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 332 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

MRD - I thought your tree was covored in snow! That's what the trees look like here after our 3" of wet snow yesterday and too cold to melt. My simple pleasure today is having enough sense to count my blessings that I live in a place and time where modern medicine can make your boo boos better.
    Count your blessings!

Being able to sleep in this morning and not hear the renovation workers chuck stuff in the dumpster at 8 am.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Wearing one of my dad's old, comfortable dress shirts. I found it in the back of the closet and had forgotten about it. I used to wear his shirts all the time. This is the only one I have left.
    It's been a real pleasure this morning
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2878849;
    Wearing one of my dad's old, comfortable dress shirts. I found it in the back of the closet and had forgotten about it. I used to wear his shirts all the time. This is the only one I have left.
    It's been a real pleasure this morning
    It's funny that you say that mrd. After my father passed away, my mom gave me one of his white undershirts. When I wear it, I feel comforted--like he's with me. I'm very careful with it 'cause I don't want to wear it out...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2879001;
    It's funny that you say that mrd. After my father passed away, my mom gave me one of his white undershirts. When I wear it, I feel comforted--like he's with me. I'm very careful with it 'cause I don't want to wear it out...
    I've already worn out 3 or 4. I only have this one and one other that is almost threadbare that I had forgotten about too and also found in the back of the closet (I was looking for something else and came across a treasure trove of stuff I had forgotten about)
    I wish I had saved more of them.

July will be 10 years this year that he passed. I think I've managed to do well with his shirts.

I also have several articles of my mom's clothing that I wear. My raincoat, a wool blazer, a denim vest and a few other things and some of her jewelry.

I always feel comforted when I wear any of the stuff that came from them.

It's interesting that you feel that way myrosiedog and LoisLane.

My Aunt has indicated that when she passes, her nieces (which includes moi) can have whatever we want of hers to wear. But anything we do not want ourselves, MUST, and she really seriously means MUST, be torn up and literally cut up so no-one else can ever wear whatever the garment is. My Uncle has been sworn to make sure this is done. She does not want any of her clothes donated to charity or given to anyone else afterwards. I will certainly honor her wishes, but the rest of my family feels its very odd. My aunt has donated a lot of things, including clothes, to charity, but once she's gone, that's it.

I have a couple of sweaters that were bought for my Baba to wear. One in particular is soft and warm and when I put it on, I feel close to her too! It even has her name still stitched on the inside from the nursing home. But when I no longer want it, I had to promise I would cut it up too.

I have a strange family. :
    -------------

What made me happy today was surprising my older sinister with lunch at her house! I took a chance and she was home. We tried the new Tim Hortons hot roast beef sandwiches, coffee and donuts! She was so surprised!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Having a full box of kleenex beside me.....I awoke with the worst headcold this morning and right now that box is my best friend.
    CYA

Feel better
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Feel better Bunny.

Miss Kitty, that is strange about the clothes being cut up. I saved some things from both my parents, but we donated the rest. My dad was a very large man and he had some very nice suits and dress pants and they were VERY much appreciated when I took them to our church. I was told that so many large and tall men couldn't afford dress pants and suits for interviews and work and such that the donation would be very much appreciated.
    But to each his own I guess. It's what makes the world go round.

My simple pleasure today is my heated mattress pad. It's turned cold and rainy here again and I couldn't get warm, so I took coffee and my book and snuggled back in bed for a couple hours to get toasty again.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

mrd...Your Japanese cherry tree is breathtaking....I've seen quite a few around here (along with gorgeous Bradford pear trees)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread