+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 326 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124174 ... LastLast
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

My shearling shoes. So warm. So soft. So comfortable. They're taking quite a bit of sting out of this winter.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2740236;
    My shearling shoes. So warm. So soft. So comfortable. They're taking quite a bit of sting out of this winter.
    I bought some decent ankle high boots this year. They are warm and waterproof. Last year I got tired of my feet being wet and cold. These provide protection from both and are quite comfortable. As I have to go back to the airport today and through security, I hate to leave them at home, but for convenience sake, I'm taking easy slip on and off shoes. I'll miss my boots.

My simple pleasure for the next few days is going to be reading and doing not much else. I am whipped from the holidays, massive cooking and entertaining and cleaning up messes.

I just washed all my comfy flannel pj's (another simple pleasure) and I plan on not getting dressed except for te flannels, a long sleeved shirt, warm socks and my warm bed with warm doggies and good books.

It is time for a long winters nap.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What's starting off a morning without a hot cup of black coffee in the morning?
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2740108;
    Oh gosh MDR ... I do the same thing!! The quiet of the night is nice. Though it does leave me rather tired the next day...
    Same here.

I normally keep late hours (I don't have to be up right away in the morning) and have found that it's the peace and solitude of the late night hours that has me writing my best stuff and reflecting on things.

In the Summer i LOVE it cuz i keep my window open and the Summer breeze relaxes me after a long day.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by The Todd;2740484;
    Same here.

I normally keep late hours (I don't have to be up right away in the morning) and have found that it's the peace and solitude of the late night hours that has me writing my best stuff and reflecting on things.

In the Summer i LOVE it cuz i keep my window open and the Summer breeze relaxes me after a long day.
    I dont' keep late hours by choice. I go to bed around 10 or so, but seem to wake up around 3 or 4 and can't go back to sleep, so I get on the computer or read. it's nice and quiet, even the dogs don't get up with me.

Tonight's simple pleasure: having someone bring me a treat from the store that I didn't have to ask for or pay for.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I get up at about 5 a.m. every day, even my days off. I never get up to an alarm. On my days off however, I go back to bed instead of getting ready for work. It's my morning nap. I'm usually back up by 9 or so. Can't miss Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.

While we're on the subject of sleeping; I really like the feeling when you wake up, check the clock only to realise that there's more than half an hours sleep left (any less is not really worth). I cuddle into bed and enjoy that last time.

A heating pad on a night that's too cold to sleep.
    Count your blessings!

The rain right now is making me happy. I love the smell of wet dirt.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Oooooh, me too! And wet pavement.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread