+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 333 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Like Tree763Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Oddly enough - the weekly run to the dump. There's something about getting rid of the trash, recycling the paper, metal, glass, and plastic and coming home to empty wastebaskets. They have a "free room" where you can pick up the odd book, kitchen gadget, or toys for classroom prizes. Today someone had gotten rid of a cache of Avon products. I have boxed soaps, etc. and some jewelry. I was just going to ask if anyone could use an initial pin of the letter "G". Heh. I could but nobody in my 3-D world would understand why I was wearing it.
    Count your blessings!

Just tell them it is for "G"oddess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2731137;
    My simple pleasure today was finding out that the local discount store has gift cards. There is a homeless man I've befriended. He lives in a room above the Y, so not technically "homeless" but we talk every day that I swim and after a big ice storm this week he helped me scrape the windshield of my car. I wanted to say thanks somehow so I got him a $20 gift card. The store is only a couple blocks from the Y and $20 will go a long way there. I love Christmas.

Surprised I missed this post. How wonderful of you dear lady.

Simple thing for me today is actually fourfold
    1- Coming home and Joey greeting me at the door (actually he just wants Tuna but I get pleasure in that little fella being there)

2- Logging in and seeing posts by all my fort friends

3- The anticipation of taking my Mom, Dad & Uncle to lunch tomorrow celebrating my Moms birthday.

4- Putting names and numbers in the Jitterbug phone I bought for my parents which they won't know about until tomorrow. (no this isn't my Moms birthday gift, this is just something I want them to have since payphones seem to be disappearing and I don't want them stranded anywhere ever.)(For you nosy people my Moms birthday gift is a gift card from Kohls dept store for a few hundred - something I get great pleasure in finally being able to do after years of either nothing, then 20.00 then 50.00 in cards - It's the least I can do to show my appreciation to my Parents)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

payphones seem to be disappearing
    Pay phones are disappearing--AT&T is getting rid of theirs.

My simple pleasure is listening to Gustav snore as he naps by my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2735755;
    Pay phones are disappearing--AT&T is getting rid of theirs.

My simple pleasure is listening to Gustav snore as he naps by my feet.
    I love listening to critters snore as they nap.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Newf, I was at my sister's house Christmas night for a visit, and Raisin the boxer was asleep at my feet snoring, and their new kitty was on my lap--snoring too!
    My brother in law went to sleep in his chair and drowned out all the other snoring. Not so cute.

Another little thing that made me happy-- Christmas Eve me , my sister, and the two oldest nieces put on a bunch of old "dance" music, and acted like a bunch of FOOLS for a couple of hours. I had ONE beer and ONE daquiri, and that's about anyone else had either, but you would have never got out.
    My niece threatened to put the Granny Bootie Dancing on Youtube, but thankfully it was too dark in the room for it to show up good enough. I haven't laughed like that in years.
    The really good part was that the 14 and 15 year old boys were too horrified to even come out of the bedroom once "we felt the house shaking, " they peeked out and one look was too much!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Wish I could have been there queenb. Sounds like a good time!
    Count your blessings!

Embarassing the teenage boys had to have been the cherry on the night. Sounds like you had fun.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2735767;
    I love listening to critters snore as they nap.
    Come hear Waldo and you'd not say that. He snores like Fred Flintsone.

Queenb, that is so much fun embarrassing the teens.

I have been doing a kareoke game with the 11 year old visiting me. She doesn't care that I can't sing and we've had a blast singing old 80's songs. My daughter is HORRIFIED though. I love it. I just sing LOUDER.

My simple pleasure is singing. I know I don't sing well and I don't care. I love to sing in the car to the radio and I don't care that other drivers look at me. It's something that brings me a great simple pleasure and doesn't cost anything either.

Music is one of my simple pleasures anytime and a real mood lifter too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My simple pleasure is singing. I know I don't sing well and I don't care. I love to sing in the car to the radio and I don't care that other drivers look at me. It's something that brings me a great simple pleasure and doesn't cost anything either.
    I like to sing operatic arias (I know about a half-dozen), and some of them BEG to be sung loudly. Who wants to hear a mousy version of La donna e mobile or the ending of Nessun dorma sung pianissimo instead of fortissimo? It's a good thing that my nearest neighbors are more than a quarter-mile away.

+ Reply to Thread