+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 333 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

MRD

Re: What simple things make you happy?

I love that the dog could turn on the tree!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I wonder how I could get my kitties to turn on the tree. I don't think a HISS is loud enough to start the clapper.

But I'd love for someone to hook the clapper up to the tree, train their dog to bark, and video tape it! That would be a hoot to see!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2702248;
    I wonder how I could get my kitties to turn on the tree. I don't think a HISS is loud enough to start the clapper.

But I'd love for someone to hook the clapper up to the tree, train their dog to bark, and video tape it! That would be a hoot to see!
    No a HISS may not be loud enough, but a cat this I had years ago, that Tabby could scratch at the clapper box with her paws and turn the tree on.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Simple pleasure of the day... the prospect of a possible snowday tomorrow!! Snowdays before Christmas are pure gold. I'm putting the tree up today but it probably won't get decorated unless that snowday works out.
    Count your blessings!

Wildlife.

I have absolutely adored seeing a lot of elk and a couple of young deer during my recent visits to Jasper and Banff in the Rockies. I cherish every minute. Especially when they are so tame that you can almost be close enough to pet them. I just stare in awe at their beauty and innocence. Their antlers, hooves pawing at the snow, furry ears, black noses and amazing eyes! To hear them call to one another and answer back. And I ponder about others who never get the chance to see such wonders in person.

Simple pleasure today? Starting off a four day weekend with another to follow the next weekend...
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

MRD

Mine today are warm dogs snuggling next to me in bed while I read. For the first time in a week, I'm home alone. It's rainy and cold, I should be doing other stuff, but I made some hot tea and got in bed with my dogs and book and I've been quite happy and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My simple pleasure today was finding out that the local discount store has gift cards. There is a homeless man I've befriended. He lives in a room above the Y, so not technically "homeless" but we talk every day that I swim and after a big ice storm this week he helped me scrape the windshield of my car. I wanted to say thanks somehow so I got him a $20 gift card. The store is only a couple blocks from the Y and $20 will go a long way there. I love Christmas.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2731137;
    My simple pleasure today was finding out that the local discount store has gift cards. There is a homeless man I've befriended. He lives in a room above the Y, so not technically "homeless" but we talk every day that I swim and after a big ice storm this week he helped me scrape the windshield of my car. I wanted to say thanks somehow so I got him a $20 gift card. The store is only a couple blocks from the Y and $20 will go a long way there. I love Christmas.
    Hey Gut thats great. Hoping that everyone has a happy and safe holliday season

A couple nights of good REM sleep. Does wonders for my body and soul. Especially when there is a kitty or two snuggled up with me as well!

+ Reply to Thread