+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 332 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation which is on TBS right now. I love this movie.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2184985;
    Watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation which is on TBS right now. I love this movie.
    Hey Unk...my son and I are watching it too!!! We always laugh hysterically during this movie!!! (We're at the squirrel part of the movie....HILARIOUS!!!)
    Last edited by bbnbama; 12-22-2006 at 12:00 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I watched it, too . . . I hadn't ever seen it before. It's brilliant!

It's a classic Manny. The first time I saw it at the theatre I had tears rolling down my cheek during the opening sequence as they were driving out to get the tree. This movie and "My Blue Heaven" starring Steve Martin are 2 of the funniest movies ever IMHO.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2185205;
    It's a classic Manny. The first time I saw it at the theatre I had tears rolling down my cheek during the opening sequence as they were driving out to get the tree. This movie and "My Blue Heaven" starring Steve Martin are 2 of the funniest movies ever IMHO.
    Unk - I remember seeing this in the movies (on a date, pre husband ) and laughing out LOUD hysterical when the cops come in and scream "freeze" and the wife's hand is cupped over Chevy Chase's, um, privates. Then she shakes someone's hand (I forget whose) and then puts her hand BACK on his privates. Look for the scene if you don't remember - it's hilarious. That is one funny movie.

Tonight what makes me happy is no more diaper rash after a week of teething. Trust me, that's a happy thing!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    My friend's little boy has just started toddling. He's about 11 months old and squeals as he goes racing to his mother...he plops down before he makes it, but he gets such pleasure out of it. Too cute. And not that I'm a total weirdo, but I love smelling babies heads after they've had their baths. Is there anything better?

Well, not quite the same, but I came here to post that I'm roasting garlic in the oven to put in some soup I'm making and the roasted garlic smell is filling the house. Mmmmmm
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    I like that smells and songs evoke such good memories of friends and family.

I will smell something and think of my grandmother or hear a song on the radio and think of a friend from long ago.

Very simple, but it makes me smile.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I like watching the kids enjoying their Christmas gifts once the opening is all over and the relaxation part of the day has begun. We do the big dinner thing on Christmas eve. Christmas day we eat leftovers.
    Count your blessings!

I love playing Monopoly- and being the 1/4 of the population who has actually finished a whole game!
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread