+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 327 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree678Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Veruka, that is nice that she appreciate it and thank you!

I'm happy when I finally get a string of Christmas lights to work. Finding that ONE bulb that blows the string gives me a great sense of accomplishment!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

It doesn't happen every year, but sometimes one of my sisters will bake and send to me a batch of Christmas cookies, using our Grandmother's recipe. Pure bliss!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I went to the Post Office to mail a box. The line was out the door and down the sidewalk a bit. Every one there was being so cheerful. No one was griping about the wait. The workers were helpful and attentive to each customer. Yay! I love the Christmas Spirit!

I finally got my new car out of the body shop About time I got to enjoy it, since I've been paying for over a month now.
    (I never got home from the dealership in it-- got hit on the way home the day I bought it, $9000 worth!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD
    7 years ago I started hosting a Christmas cookie swap party with 2 of my friends. We've always had a great time, fantastic turnout. Lots of cookies. Every year, before the party, someone takes a picture of the 3 of us hosting. I have them all in a photo album. Well last night the 2 in Florida had their party. I called during the party and they said: wait!!! Hold on, we're getting the camera, so someone can take a picture of the 2 of us and you on the phone, now say cheese! I know its corny, but it really made me happy as I was bummed, missing all my friends and the party. So even tho I didn't get to go to the party, I had my picture taken at it and that made me smile.
    I'm hosting my own on Thur and starting the tradition up here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A great cup of coffee.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

While I was posting on the recipe thread, my younger son came home from school and threw his arms around me in a bear hug.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

When my computer works properly.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Being inside the house with a big pot of tea and a nice fire in the fireplace when it's snowing outside - knowing I don't have to go anywhere.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2183891;
    Being inside the house with a big pot of tea and a nice fire in the fireplace when it's snowing outside - knowing I don't have to go anywhere.
    I know the feeling (well without the snow) I am curled up by the fireplace in my jammies already as its already dark out, tree lit and sipping great coffee. It's cloudy and cold, so I guess it COULD snow, but the forecast is actually for rain. Oh joy. I hate rainy cold days and I have to be out in that tomorrow. So better enjoy tonight.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread