+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 332 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Duxxy, I had never heard of Boney M until my dad & stepmom got together. Now, it doesn't feel like Christmas until I've heard that album!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

I love waking up in bed in the morning, looking out the window, and seeing the sunlight shining through the leaves.

ScoutMom, I'd love to live somewhere where there are still leaves to be able to look through!!

Famita - Well, there aren't very many, but there are still a few! My son seems to think he's raked every leaf in the Northern Hemisphere!

I saw my Baba smile several times and her eyes light up during her Christmas dinner and dance last night. That's just the best
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Overhearing my husband teach my son the things that matter most in (his) life: A., can you say "hockey"? How about "Montreal Canadians". Repeat after me..."Saku". Sa-ku, very easy

Walking outside after a big snowstorm.

MRD
    getting to sing Christmas Carols in a beautifully decorated church. I LOVE this time of year!

And getting to wear my red plaid flannel skirt again. It's definetly not something you can wear often except during this season.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Dogs, especially puppies!

FORT Fogey
    I have a great aunt who is 85 years old, and living in a nursing home with her husband, who suffers from dementia. When they moved to the nursing home this year, one of my aunts sent my family their new address. So this year when I was doing my Christmas cards, I added them to my list. Yesterday, my aunt called my dad to tell him she'd talked to this great aunt the day before, and had been asked to get in touch with my dad to have him call her. My dad was a bit worried, as it's not normal for him to be "summoned" by my great aunt, and called to see what was wrong. She only wanted to talk to him to tell him how happy it had made her to get a card from me, and how wonderfully thoughtful it was. I think that it made me even happier and more excited to know that such a simple act could have a meaningful effect on a person than she was when she got the card!

+ Reply to Thread