+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 326 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Making cookies for my son who's home from college for the day... and doing his laundry.
    Count your blessings!

OMG! They killed Kenny! FordChick73's Avatar
    A nice drive on a non-crowded freeway with Chris LEDoux blasting on the stereo. (Of course I live in California so I'll settle for a "slightly crowded" freeway ........)

Nice thread. (If I'm bummed I'll be sure to come here for a reminder of things that make us happy.) :-)

Last night, it was one of those perfect days, weather-wise. The air was just warm enough that the breeze blowing around (gently as silk whispering past your skin) was not cold in the slightest. It just felt delicious just to walk through the night air.

Another thing I love is when some person who doesn't 'have to' be, is unexpectedly warm or polite. I love it when I'm not feeling that great and someone's smile is so genuine you leave feeling good about everything. It's amazing how the slightest gesture like this can perk up a day.

A night out with a friend without kids or spouses. My best friend and I took the fun bus to Wendover last night. (Think Las Vegas light). It was a blast. We spent two hours in a bar making fun of the band who sucked horribly, and some people who were dancing very badly. I got home at 4:30 this morning and am very tired but it was fun.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2119351;
    What does a gallon of gravity go for now days? Where I live, our only two choices are propane and electric--maybe gravity is more plentiful in Canada. ...One of my simple pleasures is teasing fellow Forters (I'm looking at you, misskitty.)
    Thanks for looking Newfherder

Gravity is free but the natural gas to get the thing going isn't so cheap. My little house is so incredibly NON-energy efficient. From the windows to the doors to the fireplace. But it's got curb appeal!

My little pleasure of the day is the fact that little Miss Gracie-kins has become comfortable enough to sleep at the end of my bed on the bench while Mr. Tootles and I sleep in the bed. After 8 years, it nice for all of us to be snoozing under the stars at the same time in the same room
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My feet are at last well enough to let me walk a couple of miles with no problems. I got out and hiked a couple of miles, even up hills in the National Forest today and enjoyed all the colors. It's great to be able to do this again!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Spahgetti-o's. I am the only one in my house who eats them, and all my friends that eat them, I've been especially close with. For some reason, I have a deep love for crappy food. I love the totino party pizzas, the crispy crust crappy things, and the Buddig pressed lunch meats (specially yummy spread with cream cheese and rolled up).
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Watching my 15-yr. old daughter come up with a "Snow Queen" costume and go out innocently trick-or-treating with a friend.
    Count your blessings!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    How nice our kitchen smells. This year, we potted some of our herbs from our garden. The basil didn't make it (we didn't get them before the frost hit) but the rosemary and thyme did and they make the kitchen smell fresh and delicious! I love fresh herbs, esp. when I make my roast chicken. These will help make our Thanksgiving turkey taste better than ever! Mmmmmmmmmm. Next year, we'll have to remember to get the herbs inside before it gets too cold out. Having fresh basil year round is such a treat! (And it's so expensive at the store these days...)

I came home to find the sheepskin slippers I ordered from LL Bean waiting for me, and I can't believe how happy fuzzy, warm slippers make me. I want to be home right now in my fuzzy slippers and fuzzy robe, fire going in the fireplace, one of fifteen books I've recently purchased in one hand, big mug of tea in the other, Finley purring loudly on the back of the couch behind my head, Harvey tucked in behind my knees purring a little more genteely and Mr. Rattus doing laundry in the basement. In other words, my typical Sunday.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread