+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 329 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree707Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

My inhaler. I've never had breathing problems, but now that I do, it is nice to go from panicky to breathing easily with the puff of the inhaler.
    Count your blessings!

Heat. In the house. It's freezing out and snow is forecast. My old gravity furnace still works. I love the way the heat just flows out of the old ducts in the walls without making a sound or blowing dust bunnies around.

Oopsy. Did I say dust bunnies?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This morning, about daylight, I went out to get the paper. As I was walking back up the driveway I noticed that many birds were singing. It was deadly quiet, except for the chorus. I loved that peacefulness.

HoHo's, the best thing that God ever gave us knowledge to make. Also, soft bread to make sandwiches on. Mmmm... sammiches... *Homer drool*
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Another one! Sitting next to friendly strangers on the airplane. I was flying back from visit to my cousins, and I was sitting next to a dentist and a teenager, both of who were very nice, and we talked the entire time there. The doctor only did root canals, but he said it pays well lol and that he had to go to school for 13 years for it.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

What makes me happiest right now are the little notes that my boyfriend emails me every now and again that tell me he's thinking of me & loves me... it's sweet and so not what I'm used to

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

FORT Fogey
    Nothing makes me happier this time of year than the leaves changing. There are a couple of trees in my neighbors yards that just get more beautiful each year. Half the leaves turn red, the other half turn yellow. There are just so many ways to look at them. If you squint your eyes just right (or take off your glasses in my case) it's a beautiful hue of orange. If you really focus on each leaf, they start to look like glass orntaments hanging down. Not only do I love to watch the progression of the color on the leaves, but also the shape of the trees. As the leaves fall off slowly, the shapes of the branches start to show up better and better, and you can really appreciate all the different directions that the tree is reaching. Once the branches are bare, you realize they're all stretched out and ready to capture and hold onto the snow when it falls on them.

If there's anything that is more beautiful about a tree than when its leaves are changing, it's the way the shape is REALLY highlighted with snow covering the branches. THAT is the only think about snow that I adore!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I love that members' names show up at the top of the threads again under the Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread thingy. It's nice to know who else is poking around! That makes me very happy. But then again, I'm a dork!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2118935;
    Nothing makes me happier this time of year than the leaves changing. There are a couple of trees in my neighbors yards that just get more beautiful each year. Half the leaves turn red, the other half turn yellow. There are just so many ways to look at them. If you squint your eyes just right (or take off your glasses in my case) it's a beautiful hue of orange. If you really focus on each leaf, they start to look like glass orntaments hanging down.
    And if you have a day with a clear, bright blue sky the contrast is breathtaking!

I am typing this while my kids are playing in the next room. I love listening to their (not so) little voices. Most of the time they get along really well - I just know they will be friends for life.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 10-27-2006 at 05:46 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2118244;
    Heat. In the house. It's freezing out and snow is forecast. My old gravity furnace still works. I love the way the heat just flows out of the old ducts in the walls without making a sound or blowing dust bunnies around.

Oopsy. Did I say dust bunnies?
    What does a gallon of gravity go for now days? Where I live, our only two choices are propane and electric--maybe gravity is more plentiful in Canada.

One of my simple pleasures is teasing fellow Forters (I'm looking at you, misskitty.)
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread