+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 328 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree690Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

MRD
    having my husband color my hair. He does a good job. It feels good when he rubs my head and I get a nice look for a LOT less than the salon.
    And I always feel like a million bucks for the first day or two after its freshly done.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I really smile when I see little dogs out for a walk and their wearing their little booties on their feeties so they don't get wet or cold! And a red little sweater on to boot! How CUTE is that?

Booties on my kitties? Don't even think about it!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I really smile when I see little dogs out for a walk and their wearing their little booties on their feeties so they don't get wet or cold! And a red little sweater on to boot! How CUTE is that?

Booties on my kitties? Don't even think about it!
    Our Rosie LOVES her sweaters and coats. She gets cold. We also put the heating pad in her bed on low for her. But Bogie is embarrassed to wear anything and it shows. He slinks and tucks tail and hates it. He also hates for Rosie to wear anything and tries to take her sweaters off of her.
    When we move, we'll have to get her booties as I know she will have cold feet.

I love getting a little "freebie" when I buy grocery products.

Today I got a free pickle finger puppet with a jar of Bick's Mini Crunchems! I have the little girl pickle puppet: she has a pink sweater, a blue polka dot skirt and pink hair There is a little boy and man puppet as well. Great idea for kids. Or in my case, kitts! A new toy toy for my furry pets. And me of course.

Sunday.

I woke up to Sun streaming through the windows and the little fuzzy next to me purring away curled into a ball. When she felt me move, she stretched out, touching me lightly still purring, then just rolled over to face me with the half-closed eyes of love.

What's better?

Saturdays. Oh, how I love my Saturdays. With school, I've been buried with homework and I'm usually working at International Clothiers on weeknights. I hardly ever have to work on a Saturday, so it leaves me with time to finish what I need to, and just take some time to relax. I've been having a lot of problems managing my time. I really want it to be Saturday again. It's when I'm happiest and most at ease.

MRD
    Watching a 5 year old play in his first t-ball game last night. The game was the most entertainment I've seen in a while. None of them know exactly what to do. They were running to the pitchers mound instead of first.
    Gazing off in space when the ball was coming to them. Picking noses and playing in the grass and just generally having fun and being cute in their tiny little uniforms.

Today, I bought a bunch of freshly cut tulips (my favorite flower). I just love how they're brightening up my kitchen!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD
    solid food. I have been placed on a liquid diet prior to my surgery and now I've noticed that every commercial on tv is for food. My dh and daughter are being very good and eating either outside the house or alerting me so I can go in the bedroom.
    I never thought I'd have this much trouble and its only day 2.

So I think having solid food is definetly a simple pleasure I look forward to again. Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball View Post
    ...When she felt me move, she stretched out, touching me lightly still purring, then just rolled over to face me with the half-closed eyes of love....What's better?
    Not a lot in my books! Except if I had my sweetie with me too!

+ Reply to Thread