+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 326 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Dancing in the kitchen with my daughter makes me happy! In my new house, I have a breakfast area that I didn't have in my old one. So, I don't have a table in that area yet. It makes for a perfect dance floor! Everyday we crank up the music and shake our "groove thangs" when I'm making dinner. It's so much fun and good exercise to boot, especially with my 14 month old on my hip! That's where he is if he's not shaking his little padded booty with us! I'll be a little sad in a couple weeks when my new table is delivered. I'm going to miss our dance floor!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Which neck of the woods are you in? I'll honk at you when we go by.
    I am in Cheyenne, which is in the southeast corner of the state, but if you're interested here's a link for an area near Yellowstone that is one of my favorite parts of the state. Ho.pe this works
    http://www.windrivercountry.com/ther...ornrivers.html

lildago- your post reminded me of when we built our house when the kids were little. Before it got cluttered we used to put on polka music and dance through all the rooms which opened into each other in a circle. Fun times. My simple pleasure today is a student who brought me two "Willow Tree" angels because I was so upset by the vandalism in my clasroom with a sub last week.
    Count your blessings!

I remembered to put out my trash. I'd forgotten it for two weeks!!! I was afraid it was going to consume my house.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

...when my 14 month old laughs so hard that he can't catch his breath. It's infectious!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I absolutely love the sun. I don't have to be in it,....it just has to be there shining.

I love the sounds of children giggling and laughing. When my three were home for the holidays (at different times), I'd remember their certain laughs and just smile.

I love hearing from someone who I haven't heard from in a while.

I love reading the FORT-it makes me laugh for the most part!

I love it when my old kitty naps on the chair with me. He snores and it is the absolute tops! Snoring kitty!
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    I am in Cheyenne, which is in the southeast corner of the state, but if you're interested here's a link for an area near Yellowstone that is one of my favorite parts of the state. Ho.pe this works
    http://www.windrivercountry.com/ther...ornrivers.html
    Yup, been there and loved it! We will be staying overnight in Cheyenne on the way out.

Anticipation of a great vacation always makes me happy! It's kind of like Winnie the Pooh said... The best part of a pot of honey is not the actual eating of the honey, but the anticipation of eating the honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    It's kind of like Winnie the Pooh said... The best part of a pot of honey is not the actual eating of the honey, but the anticipation of eating the honey.
    That can be said about the anticipation of lots of things!

MRD
    getting mail.

There's something about walking out to the mailbox and getting the mail and looking through the junk and bills and seeing something that is neither one, addressed just to you!
    I get a little thrill seeing my name handwritten on an envelope. It means someone has sent me a card or written me a note or invited me somewhere. I know that sounds corny, but it just makes me so happy to get something like that (so rare these days with email and phones)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread