+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 326 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

sunflowers.....
    Not the cut kind or the seed kind.... the live ones... towering like 5 feet over your head and sunny as anything.

I'm too afraid of it to be sad after that
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    The last homemade chocolate chip cookie.... Eating it infront of my husband while he begs for a bite LOL
    Ah yes... I bake at least once a week on average and I always have to have the last of it...

Orchids-- my mom grows orchids in our guest room and I like seeing her so happy when one blooms BTW she has about 120 orchids.. shes just a weee bit obsessed

I love it when people show good manners and common courtesy to their fellow human beings!

I live in a big city, which can be so fastpaced and impersonal sometimes, so whenever anyone takes the time to say "Hello," "Excuse Me" or "Thank You" it's like heaven to my ears.

Having a perfect stranger hold a door open for me makes me want to hug them and thank them for living in my world.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Pardon me, Ms. SFGirl, may I assist you with your groceries? Here, let me get that door for you.
    *Waiting for a hug*

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I love it when people show good manners and common courtesy to their fellow human beings!

I live in a big city, which can be so fastpaced and impersonal sometimes, so whenever anyone takes the time to say "Hello," "Excuse Me" or "Thank You" it's like heaven to my ears.

Having a perfect stranger hold a door open for me makes me want to hug them and thank them for living in my world.
    Trust me, I know what you mean, having lived in NYC (the capital of attitude). Its amazing what "please' and "thank you' and 'sir/Maam' can do to those unaccustomed to it.

for some they are pleasantly surprised, others are shocked. Either way, its just cool.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Trust me, I know what you mean, having lived in NYC (the capital of attitude). Its amazing what "please' and "thank you' and 'sir/Maam' can do to those unaccustomed to it.

for some they are pleasantly surprised, others are shocked. Either way, its just cool.
    I just returned from a few days in TN (my home state). It was nice to hear the southern hospitality and the girls are just so cute with that drawl!

~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I just returned from a few days in TN (my home state). It was nice to hear the southern hospitality and the girls are just so cute with that drawl!
    I love southern accents on guys! It is so adorable!! Southern and NY...they are so awesome..ok ok...Any guy with an accent! lol but those 2 are my faves. My ex is from Ms...and from dating him...I picked up his accent...born and raised in Vegas..and I talk with a Ms accent...its actually quite sad when people ask me if im from the south. I'm like yeah..Southern Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by Blazingorchidlv
    I love southern accents on guys! It is so adorable!! Southern and NY...they are so awesome..ok ok...Any guy with an accent! lol but those 2 are my faves. My ex is from Ms...and from dating him...I picked up his accent...born and raised in Vegas..and I talk with a Ms accent...its actually quite sad when people ask me if im from the south. I'm like yeah..Southern Nevada
    I know what you mean. I grew up in NYC, so I spent lots of time with many many people with varied accents. for whatever reason, i tend to speak with a british inflection.... which drives my wife nuts, as she speaks the queen's English (from going to british schools)... to this day, no one can place where I come from by how I speak.... and thats a simple thing that makes me happy.

~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I know what you mean. I grew up in NYC, so I spent lots of time with many many people with varied accents. for whatever reason, i tend to speak with a british inflection.... which drives my wife nuts, as she speaks the queen's English (from going to british schools)... to this day, no one can place where I come from by how I speak.... and thats a simple thing that makes me happy.

LoL. I love how my friend Steve says Quarter...he says Quwartah...and omg...I think he only says it like that because he knows it makes me smile. Cause my friend Joe used to say it. So I think he just does it for me..but its still HOTT!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blazingorchidlv
    LoL. I love how my friend Steve says Quarter...he says Quwartah...and omg...I think he only says it like that because he knows it makes me smile. Cause my friend Joe used to say it. So I think he just does it for me..but its still HOTT!! lol
    you have a sick sick mind blazing.... and i like it that way.

+ Reply to Thread