+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 330 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree721Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

OMG Pom - you're a riot! I just saw the pictures of "me" washing my car. Yeah, that's me alright. Ha!
    Count your blessings!

My old mouse was acting up and not letting me cut and paste easily and had other issues. I cleaned it but it still was acting up. Today I bought a new one and it works like a charm. Something as simple as a new mouse can make me enjoy being at the computer again .

Also, when I see my dog or cat sleep in a cute, stretched out position. That makes me happy because I know they feel secure and comfortable enough in our home to lounge around the way they do.

Premium Member
    Getting hugs from my sons. Now that they're grown it's really special to get hugs from them because we don't see each other as often.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan
    Also, when I see my dog or cat sleep in a cute, stretched out position.
    You mean like my Av?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Also, when I see my dog or cat sleep in a cute, stretched out position.
    Me too. They can only sleep soundly if they feel safe and really at home.

Mr. Tootles held my hand this morning in bed. He puts one paw under my palm and the other right on top like a sandwich. Then he puts his head on top and purrs. Heaven I'm in kitty heaven.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    If you ever type type about posting from your bathroom, I will personally come out east and rip the lil antennae off your router..
    Don't worry, gabriel, I'll never say whether I'm in the bathroom on the throne or not!!!

A simple thing that makes me happy is lying here on top of a very cushy feather bed, which is on top of my bed, next to Smudge the Cat, who's sprawled out next to me, purring wicked loudly. It's especially heartwarming because Smudge used to be a stray cat and he's enjoyed a very happy life since he was found -- first as a "mascot" of a nearby office, then as my "Weekend Cat," and now as my "Almost Full-Time Cat."

My Daisy Girl Scouts. They continually amaze me with their sincerity and joy. Being a troop leader is a lot of paperwork hassle, but it's worth every moment of inconvenience to be there when they discover the fun of singing with a hundred other girls their age.

I am so glad you are enjoying the Daisies. They are fun when they are into scouts.

I keep thinking, they won't be five forever!

Unfortunately they don't. It is fun to drop my daughter off at Brownies and have my former Daisies say hi. They are all getting so big. I am a big softie anyway...our first bridging ceremony, my co-leader and I both cried because "our girls" were growing up and leaving us.

- waking up and realizing you still have an hour or so to sleep
    - the smell of bread baking in the bread machine...white bread with honey OH GOD.
    - walking in the twilight.
    - sexual tension
    - waking up in the middle of the night realizing you are dying of thirst and then going in the kitchen and taking a huge swig of apple juice out of the jug. - squeezing out blackheads
    - eating frozen chocolate chip cookies.

There are so many, these are just the things that have happened today! It was a good day...

+ Reply to Thread