+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 332 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Sounds silly...but my laptop! ....So, I'm sitting bare-footed on my back porch, watching my kids play in their sandbox,...
    Congrats! What kind of laptop?

What? "bare-footed" "sandbox" Where are you? It's freezing up here. I actually had to put slippers on my bare feet today. Brrrrr. So I guess my good news would be my gravity furnace still works! It's ancient.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Curling up on the couch with my sweetie and our two cats to watch a good movie.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Sounds silly...but my laptop! We got a new laptop a few months ago and my husband just bought a wireless router. So, I'm sitting bare-footed on my back porch, watching my kids play in their sandbox, and hanging with my fellow FORTers at the same time!
    Me too! I bought myself a laptop for Christmas and it has a wireless card. I got it because the university has wireless, so I can go online anywhere on campus, but I'm picking up wireless signals right now on my couch! It was so fun to be able to watch Beauty and the Geek last night and post here at the same time

Another simple pleasure: I got a down throw for Christmas. Sitting in front of the fire with a book and snuggled under that throw makes me so happy. If there's a cat on my lap, even better!
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 07:47 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I just indulged in a simple pleasure - washing my car by hand. We were having a January thaw (50's in New England) and I have a little silver, sporty Tiburon. Washing off all the winter grime and then buffing it dry with a chamois is like bathing a baby or brushing down a horse. Up close and personal with all the loveable details. Then you stand back and watch it gleam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    I keep having this image of you playing out that scene on Desperate Housewives where Edie washes her car by hand!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Pom - I've never watched Desperate Housewives so I'm out of the loop, but I've seen previews, so I can imagine. Yeah, sure... it was like that. A

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Congrats! What kind of laptop?

What? "bare-footed" "sandbox" Where are you? It's freezing up here. I actually had to put slippers on my bare feet today. Brrrrr. So I guess my good news would be my gravity furnace still works! It's ancient.
    It's a Sony Vaio, really nice!

I'm in North Texas and today was beautiful. It felt like spring!

Critical, I never thought of trying to pick up a signal anywhere other than home. Mmmm, I wonder if that would work for me?

Pom, omg, I just saw your post!
    Last edited by lildago; 01-20-2006 at 07:34 PM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Critical, I never thought of trying to pick up a signal anywhere other than home. Mmmm, I wonder if that would work for me?
    I'll bet you could. It depends on whether there are other networks around. If you right click on your network connection (down on the taskbar, next to the time) and choose "View other wireless networks" (or something to that effect), you can see if there's anything else available. You also have to find a network that isn't password protected. I know that some cities are looking into developing a "wireless cloud" so that everyone can go wireless. Almost the entire campus of my university is wireless, so you can pretty much be anywhere and be online. It's very cool. It does make me feel old though, since I remember when graphing calculators were hi-tech
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey
    I don't know which will make Gutmutter more mad: (a) the fact that I snuck up on her and took pictures of her the other day while she was hand-washing her little silver, sporty Tiburon, or (b) the fact that I just posted those pictures here, on the Internet!!!

Sounds silly...but my laptop! We got a new laptop a few months ago and my husband just bought a wireless router. So, I'm sitting bare-footed on my back porch, watching my kids play in their sandbox, and hanging with my fellow FORTers at the same time!
    That sounds wonderful, lilwirelessdago!!!

I've had a brand-new router in its box ever since I bought my new laptop home about a month ago, but I'm starting to look into how to set it up so that I, too, can be wireless.

If I ever say something about posting from my bathroom then you'll know I was successful at setting up my wireless Interet connection!!!

Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 07:47 PM.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    Hey, you'll be in my neck of the woods, or at least driving past me on your way to the mountains! I'll wave as you go by. Congrats on the 25th anniversary and what sounds to be a wonderful trip.
    Which neck of the woods are you in? I'll honk at you when we go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    If I ever say something about posting from my bathroom then you'll know I was successful at setting up my wireless Interet connection!!!
    If you ever type type about posting from your bathroom, I will personally come out east and rip the lil antennae off your router..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

It's a Sony Vaio, really nice!

I'm in North Texas and today was beautiful. It felt like spring!

My husband's somewhere in Texas (Shepard, I think) and everytime he emails me he writes that he's sitting in his car at the public library because they have wireless access.

+ Reply to Thread