+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 330 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree721Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Quote:
    PGM35...I just hit 400!

Congratulations!!

Good On You! At least you're not a Fort Decaffeinated!

I just became a FORT FAN!!!

Let's ALLL go do that lunch thing, OK?
    Thanks miskitty! Yes, let's do lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Anyway, he sent me flowers to say how much he missed being home with me. Funny how I haven't stopped smiling since I got those flowers!
    That is so sweet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Planning vacations. I love the anticipation of the trip and planning where we are going to go. This fall is our 25th anniversary and we've decided to take a long vacation to the mountains of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho, and see some places we've never been. I've been playing with MapQuest and figuring out how long it will take to drive between places and it's funny how happy I am when I'm doing that.
    That's one of my favorite things too! I've been up where you're talking about and rode-around quite a bit, (and want to go back before too long!) so if you want to know what I liked, and didn't, PM me.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I just became a FORT FAN!!! Whoppeeeee!

Let's ALLL go do that lunch thing, OK?
    Thanks! Lunch sounds great, misskitty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    . . .we've decided to take a long vacation to the mountains of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho, and see some places we've never been.
    Hey, you'll be in my neck of the woods, or at least driving past me on your way to the mountains! I'll wave as you go by. Congrats on the 25th anniversary and what sounds to be a wonderful trip.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    When I was little, my mom used to put a towel in the dryer while I was taking a bath in the evening so when I got out, I'd have a nice warm towel to dry off with. It felt good to get the chill out from getting out of the water, plus it warmed me on the inside to know she cared enough about me to do something like that.

Other simple things that make me happy:
    Watching my kitty cats sleep.
    Having a full tank of gas in the car.
    When my checkbook balances the first time and I don't have to figure out why things aren't adding up right.
    Waking up at my usual worktime on the weekend and knowing I can go back to sleep instead of having to get up.
    Getting a new book, whether it is a book to read or a puzzle book.
    Seeing that someone who doesn't post often or one of my favorite posters is online.
    Last edited by pikachu; 01-11-2006 at 08:44 AM.

pikachu- I second all of those!
    I just indulged in a simple pleasure - washing my car by hand. We were having a January thaw (50's in New England) and I have a little silver, sporty Tiburon. Washing off all the winter grime and then buffing it dry with a chamois is like bathing a baby or brushing down a horse. Up close and personal with all the loveable details. Then you stand back and watch it gleam!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I just indulged in a simple pleasure - washing my car by hand. We were having a January thaw (50's in New England) and I have a little silver, sporty Tiburon. Washing off all the winter grime and then buffing it dry with a chamois is like bathing a baby or brushing down a horse. Up close and personal with all the loveable details. Then you stand back and watch it gleam!
    I keep having this image of you playing out that scene on Desperate Housewives where Edie washes her car by hand!!!

I witnessed a great little joy yesterday.

My Dad (75yrs old) and I went to see my aunt play at a Ukrainian Christmas celebration in a local mall. Before her mandolin group came on, there was a senior citizen's choir who sang Christmas songs beautifully.

I heard my Dad, standing beside me, start to sing with them, almost in a whisper. And tap his fingers on the bar in front. My heart filled with happiness as he rarely shows how he feels publically. I smiled at him and joined him singing the little tunes we know so well.

When the mandolin group came on with my aunt playing, his face glowed like a proud big brother should. And she smiled and waved to us like a little girl at her first concert. And we both hummed and tapped away at the few Ukrainian songs we recognized.

A great day out with my Dad!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Aw, misskitty, your story about the great day you had with your Dad made me choke up -- how wonderful that was, and how wise you are to cherish the moments.

Pom - I've never watched Desperate Housewives so I'm out of the loop, but I've seen previews, so I can imagine. Yeah, sure... it was like that. As you know, we had ice and snow yesterday so all my efforts are erased, but my new simple pleasure is venturing out with the kids on a nasty day to see a flick and have dinner. Better than hanging around a cold house. I had to blow dry the car door for 20 min. to get in!
    Count your blessings!

Sounds silly...but my laptop! We got a new laptop a few months ago and my husband just bought a wireless router. So, I'm sitting bare-footed on my back porch, watching my kids play in their sandbox, and hanging with my fellow FORTers at the same time!
    Last edited by lildago; 01-14-2007 at 07:45 PM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread