+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 334 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast
Like Tree775Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    As I was wheeling my bike along the deck to the bike shed last night, I found myself kind of hoping that Mr. Rattus would come to the back door to greet me as he sometimes does. I was struck by how much I still love him after 20 odd (sometimes very odd) years, and how much he loves me, and that fact alone makes me happier than anything else ever could.
    Awww, Rattus, that is so sweet. It brought a smile to my face. I hope that I can say that after 20 years of marriage!

I've had a warm, nostalgic feeling all day while spending time with my family. The aroma of homeade sauce and the sounds of laughter have filled the house. Watching my little ones roll out dough *read-make a mess playing with dough* for homemade bread brought back memories of doing the same as a child. I'm so thankful to be here this holiday season.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

My nephew called me for the first time yesterday (my birthday). He's three and up until now has hated actually talking on the phone, so I was surprised when I answered the phone and it was him.
    Long pause... "Aunt G, this is Logan. I need to ask you something."
    me: "What is it, baby?"
    Logan: "Happy Birthday!!!"

I swear I smiled for ten minutes! It's funny how the little things like that can mean so much.

^ that is sooo darn cute!
    Jenny Abby

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    As I was wheeling my bike along the deck to the bike shed last night, I found myself kind of hoping that Mr. Rattus would come to the back door to greet me as he sometimes does. I was struck by how much I still love him after 20 odd (sometimes very odd) years, and how much he loves me, and that fact alone makes me happier than anything else ever could.
    That's really beautiful, Rattus. Love should always be that way.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo View Post
    My nephew called me for the first time yesterday (my birthday). He's three and up until now has hated actually talking on the phone, so I was surprised when I answered the phone and it was him.
    Long pause... "Aunt G, this is Logan. I need to ask you something."
    me: "What is it, baby?"
    Logan: "Happy Birthday!!!"

I swear I smiled for ten minutes! It's funny how the little things like that can mean so much.

That is so cute and so absolutely heart-warming.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Just had a flashback when you were talking about your nephew, Glenn. My cousin who is more like a sister called my boys about 10 years ago when they still believed in Santa Claus, and she pretended to be Mrs. Claus and asked them if they were being good. They came running to me and told me that Santa Claus's wife called them - they were beside themselves, so happy and excited! It was so magical, it took me back to when I was a kid on Christmas Eve. That they were so sweet and innocent and it meant the world to them- that was one of my sweetest memories, and so simple!
    Go Tigers!

A perfect cup of coffee.

Big fat snowflakes that fall slowly from the sky.

coming home from work and Mona & Joey greet me at the door.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

BIG,warm hugs

+ Reply to Thread