+ Reply to Thread
Page 328 of 334 FirstFirst ... 228278318319320321322323324325326327328329330331332333334 LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3331
Like Tree775Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

I always cook bacon on Christmas morning to get my son out of bed. He always wants to sleep in.
    pikachu and Cootie like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Waking up to the smell of bacon in the morning.

That doesn't happen anymore since I live alone and the bacon doesn't cook itself but when I still lived at home or when I used to go camping, waking up to smell bacon frying was one of the most wonderful things! Unless you got out to the kitchen and the bacon was all gone.
    My mother saves bacon grease to fry stuff in (like eggs). She was cooking something a couple of years ago. My daughter loves bacon, it brought her downstairs looking all around for the bacon that never was that morning. She told my mom that she's not allowed to trick her anymore, but she's still cautious about what she'll find if she smells bacon,

It's evening and dark out. Many windows are open at my house and the crickets are in full symphony mode. It's a pleasant 80 degrees with very little humidity. I need to remember what this lovely night feels like for the next 6 months. I love the summer months in the Northwest!
    pikachu and Lizard like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

You reminded me of another simple pleasure, Cootie...lightning bugs! My sister and I loved to catch them when we were little.

I"m from Florida but both of my parents are from Iowa and we lived there for a while. It seemed like there were so many more lightning bugs back then. I don't know if it was the location or if there are generally fewer lightning bugs around now. The rare times I do see them out, it always brings a smile to my face. I don't chase them anymore and make rings of their glowing parts. I just sit back and enjoy their blinking light show.
    Cootie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    You reminded me of another simple pleasure, Cootie...lightning bugs! My sister and I loved to catch them when we were little.

I"m from Florida but both of my parents are from Iowa and we lived there for a while. It seemed like there were so many more lightning bugs back then. I don't know if it was the location or if there are generally fewer lightning bugs around now. The rare times I do see them out, it always brings a smile to my face. I don't chase them anymore and make rings of their glowing parts. I just sit back and enjoy their blinking light show.
    I've never seen a lightning bug, but have always enjoyed the idea of them and will maybe see them someday if I travel east of where I live at the right time and place. They seem like magic.

That makes me sad, Cootie. I have always loved lightning bugs. A boyfriend once wrote a poem about me. One verse was about how lightning bugs magically blinked around my bedroom (coming in through the open window) while we... you know. One verse was about me bathing by candle light. One was about how I keep track of time by the cats that I've had.
    Now THERE'S a simple pleasure - having a folder full of poetry guys have written about me. I was quite the muse back in the day. Do guys still do that?
    Lizard and Cootie like this.
    Count your blessings!

Yesterday we made it to the beach (Horseneck, Westport MA) for the first time this summer. The water was very clear and we were surrounded by a school of thousands of minnows. The really happy part was my ailing hubby in the water, because it means so much to him and we couldn't go before this.

Brooks, so happy that you were able to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    I've never seen a lightning bug, but have always enjoyed the idea of them and will maybe see them someday if I travel east of where I live at the right time and place. They seem like magic.
    If you ever venture to Tennessee, you might plan a trip to The Smoky Mountains between June 6-13 (mid-June) to see The Smoky Mountain Synchronous Fireflies.
    Cootie and Photobabe like this.

I wanted to pop in to say how fortunate I am to have my new job. Everyone is so nice!!

+ Reply to Thread