+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree775Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Birds - I love watching them & listening to them all year.
    inthegarden likes this.

Watching an eagle taking a fish he caught back to the nest to feed the little one or ones. We were playing soccer today in a complex that is located by a river and there was the nest in one of the trees on the field we were playing on and one of the eagles sitting on the branch keeping watch. After our game we were watching another game and there goes the eagle with the food. Pretty neat.
    waywyrd, Cootie and inthegarden like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Explaining, in French, square dance/contra dance instructions to a Parisian visitor at our monthly dance event as part of my new job at Old Town yesterday. So much fun!
    Cootie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

New jobs that are a good fit.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

People with senses of humor and who truly enjoy laughing! I always find it tiring when people take themselves too seriously.

The joke is really on them!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-07-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    nennie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Finding an important document after searching for hours. Recycling while searching made the time even more worth it.

Oh happy day!

Taxes?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Taxes?
    No, not for taxes - I have those in a folder and am pretty organized about those. This doc is my marriage certificate! I need to show my insurance company that I am legally with my spouse. If we don't show proof of marriage or whatever other spousal combos are legal, my spouse will be cut off from insurance. We have been together since the 70's, so that darn paper was buried in the archives. We also have to show proof that we live together, file taxes together, etc. I guess they may have had some people on insurance who weren't legally supposed to get it?

Taxes are almost done, but we pay since my husband is self employed. Nothing there to be happy about except that they will be done soon!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Watching an eagle taking a fish he caught back to the nest to feed the little one or ones. We were playing soccer today in a complex that is located by a river and there was the nest in one of the trees on the field we were playing on and one of the eagles sitting on the branch keeping watch. After our game we were watching another game and there goes the eagle with the food. Pretty neat.
    That gives me chills! I've never seen anything like that. How wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    No, not for taxes - I have those in a folder and am pretty organized about those. This doc is my marriage certificate! I need to show my insurance company that I am legally with my spouse. If we don't show proof of marriage or whatever other spousal combos are legal, my spouse will be cut off from insurance. We have been together since the 70's, so that darn paper was buried in the archives. We also have to show proof that we live together, file taxes together, etc. I guess they may have had some people on insurance who weren't legally supposed to get it?

Taxes are almost done, but we pay since my husband is self employed. Nothing there to be happy about except that they will be done soon!
    An occasion came up where I needed mine as proof that I had been married. I had no idea whatsoever where I would ever find it. I can't remember when I'd ever seen it, much less where.

I did a bit of calling around & found out that you can get ahold of the County Seat in the County where you got married. They have all that stuff even after many many years. I believe I had to order it online & give proof of who I was.
    I live in another state from where I got married in a completely different part of the country, so going & getting it was out of the question. I believe it cost about $25.00 to have copies sent. I had 2 made because the place I had it sent to wanted an original. Seems like an odd thing to want an original of, but you do what you've gotta do.
    Cootie likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread