+ Reply to Thread
Page 323 of 327 FirstFirst ... 223273313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3268
Like Tree678Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: What simple things make you happy?

When I was little, I loved going to the bank with my grandma because they would give my sister and I Tootsie Rolls. It was a simple thing, not an extravagent treat, but it really brightened my day.

I also liked it when my grandma would offer my sister and I a piece of gum. She had cinnamon gum in her purse and we would have to split one piece of gum but to this day I still associate the smell of cinnamon with my grandma and it makes me smile.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Remembering sneaking into the hallway refrigerator to sneak a piece of chocolate at my grandparents home. They lived in this huge Victorian house. I was 3-4 years old, and had that whole house to myself, kidwise. My grandmother would keep this box of irregularly broken pieces of chocolate on the bottom shelf of the fridge. I would quietly creep into the hallway, and get me a piece or two on a regular basis. It had an unsually good taste, and I just was an addict. I don't think I did it over once per day, but I definitely was a creeper! Looking back, I know she'd put it on that bottom shelf so that I could reach it! I just KNEW that I was getting away with something, but I now know that she knew exactly what was going on!! I never remember that box of chocolates being on any other shelf!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I used to eat cookie dough.

I know it's not good for you but it tastes really good.

Cookie dough always gives me warm fuzzies. Not only is it delish it also brings back the best memories of baking cookies with my mom for the holidays.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

* Fridays
    * Being home
    * TV!
    * My computer
    Cootie and Debb70 like this.
    You can do it!

It's springtime, which gives me hope that many of us can find a multitude of things to be happy about, so I am officially bumping this thread and challenging even the most critical of you to find something to be happy about.

My entry for today:

Blue sky. I live in the Northwest, we don't take blue sky for granted. I love it and my heart soars when the clouds stay away. I know we need the rain, but the sun fills my soul.

eta: Rainbows are not bad, either...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH-9H75A0Tk
    When a song fits the occasion: April has finally arrived!
    waywyrd and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

Watching the robins splashing in the bird bath while I sip morning coffee...the little wet feathers on their heads sticking up makes me laugh.
    Cootie likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Watching the robins splashing in the bird bath while I sip morning coffee...the little wet feathers on their heads sticking up makes me laugh.
    That sounds so lovely. I miss our birdbath. And watching them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yesterday, I was pruning my fruit trees and heard the happy chatter of the lookout swallows (they are always the first to arrive followed by the flocks).
    Now...with the arrival of the swallows, Spring is finally here! They are never wrong.
    Cootie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread