+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree641Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I was outside my office building looking at my phone and this woman comes up to me - she is crying and shaking and says: "I'm lost! My friend left and I'm lost!"

Me: "Well, you are in good hands because I am a born and bred New Yorker" I proceeded to tell her where she was (Garment District) and acclimate her as to where Times Square and Macy's were. And East & West. She wanted to find Talbots so I searched on my phone and gave her directions. At the end her tears were gone and I left her with 'enjoy New York! It's a really great place!"

I always get lost when I travel so I know how it feels - I always rely on the kindness of strangers to situate me. I hope the tourist goes back to wherever she lives with a glowing experience of NYC.

Interestingly enough, I am a person who believes in getting lost so that I can find out exactly where I am, as bizarre as that may sound! I've been blessed with an unusually good sense of direction. Used to be, when I was bored, I'd go out and try to get lost just to have something to do. Gas it too expensive to play that game, too often, today.

I also love to read maps/navigate, but I don't own a map.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love this post! I wear glitter around my eyes and always pronounce it 'glitter day'. Some might say I am too old for glitter - but I don't care!
    Too old for glitter? NO SUCH THING! Good for you. You've inspired me to go buy some glitter makeup for the upcoming 4th of July celebration.
    beerbelly and Cootie like this.
    Count your blessings!

I love this post! I wear glitter around my eyes and always pronounce it 'glitter day'. Some might say I am too old for glitter - but I don't care!
    I don't care either- Maybe when I was younger, now I don't give a fig
    Cootie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Isn't it wonderful having the confidence that experience, and the years, bring?! That really makes me happy!!
    Ellen, beerbelly and just1paul like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was outside my office building looking at my phone and this woman comes up to me - she is crying and shaking and says: "I'm lost! My friend left and I'm lost!"

Me: "Well, you are in good hands because I am a born and bred New Yorker" I proceeded to tell her where she was (Garment District) and acclimate her as to where Times Square and Macy's were. And East & West. She wanted to find Talbots so I searched on my phone and gave her directions. At the end her tears were gone and I left her with 'enjoy New York! It's a really great place!"

I always get lost when I travel so I know how it feels - I always rely on the kindness of strangers to situate me. I hope the tourist goes back to wherever she lives with a glowing experience of NYC.
    AWESOME! Thank YOU!
    beerbelly likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

watching my Trouble sleeping on the balcony of the condo that Joey never used. Trouble on balcony 06.29.13 2.jpgTrouble on balcony 06.29.13.jpg
    Cootie and chrisg like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

That's adorable... Trouble on the Balcony!
    beerbelly and just1paul like this.
    Count your blessings!

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly
    I hardly wear makeup, and some would say I'm too old to go without it! So you glitter if it you love it, girlfriend!

I just had a camping weekend with my family I know with my two girls growing up that camping weekends will get harder and harder to put together with summer jobs and such so I'm cherishing every moment spent with my two sweetie pies. I love them so much!
    beerbelly and Cootie like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

How bad does it hurt if a glitter-fleck gets in your eye?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    How bad does it hurt if a glitter-fleck gets in your eye?
    Not that bad at all. It says you shouldn't put it around your eyes. But I don't follow glitter rules!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread