+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 329 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree705Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

FORT Fan
    I was at the Goodwill on Sunday and bought a framed print of a purple palm tree for $4. I hung it in the hall where it's the first thing I see when I come home. Can't help smiling when I walk in the door.

Listening to happy music, snuggling with my hubby, and eating chocolate.
    Shaybo
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Sometimes after my daughter is in bed, I can hear her climbing up to look out the window above her bed. She likes to make wishes on "wishing stars". She recites the whole "Star light, star bright" poem and then makes her wish. Usually, the wish is for a new Care Bear, or some book, movie, or toy. Last night as I was listening from the hallway, I heard her say, "I wish Mommy would feel better."
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930
    I was at the Goodwill on Sunday and bought a framed print of a purple palm tree for $4. I hung it in the hall where it's the first thing I see when I come home. Can't help smiling when I walk in the door.
    I LOVE this! My simple pleasure is coming home after a long day of work and radiation and finding my dog desperately happy to see me. I'm talking whimpering, wagging, wriggling - even though my daughter has taken him for a walk, he wants ME to walk him. Then he settles on my lap wherever I am and just soaks up the love.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    My simple pleasure is coming home after a long day of work and radiation and finding my dog desperately happy to see me. I'm talking whimpering, wagging, wriggling - even though my daughter has taken him for a walk, he wants ME to walk him. Then he settles on my lap wherever I am and just soaks up the love.
    DOGS ROCK!!!

I've met your adorable little guy, "Tarot," Gut, so I can understand exactly why you love him so much!!!

I just bought a new sweater that was on sale. 40% off..woohoo. The little one and I are getting Christmas pictures taken tomorrow. I am in a very Christmassy mood right now.

These Are Days

Laughing and enjoying a leisurely lunch with co-workers on Friday, after everyone spontaneously decides to get Chinese takeout...

...walking through my yard, rustling up fallen leaves, in an old pair of jeans, work gloves in my back pocket, and my dogs tramping through the leaves next to me...

...an afternoon well-spent putting the garden to bed and enjoying the look of a yard pruned, weeded and trimmed...

...noticing my red roses have two last blooms left in the season...

...pleasantly surprised by finding the CD I want used and heavily discounted at the store...

...driving down the road and singing and nodding my head to the music, catching the eye of the pretty girl in the Audi convertible next to me, making her laugh and tip me a wink...

...unexpectedly present when 11 other funny, smart bloggers I like and admire decide to form a blogging team, and invited to join them, to form "The Dirty Dozen"...

...the cashier at the restaurant offering me a free side and drink with my lunch because she liked the joke I told...

...having a new, unread hardcover sitting on the coffee table, just waiting for me to start...

...using the grill one last time for the season to cook kabobs and cooking a risotto from scratch to accompany them, adding a nice cabernet sauvignon on the side...

...receiving an unexpected email from an old friend with three pictures of her newborn baby...

...sitting on the couch with a cocktail on the table, enjoying a fire in the fireplace, and writing my National Novel Month book on my laptop, with my dog asleep at my feet next to me on the couch ...

...turning the FoRT odometer over at 2,300 posts.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Those inevitable cold, snowy days when I can sit in a warm house, on a cushy couch with some hot apple cider and a cinnamon stick while wrapped in my furry throw about to settle in to watch a long movie.

Pluses would include:

-with my sweetie! (He provides the extra warmth)
    -with some decadent desert
    -with my friends or family
    -with Sandy (family chow chow) sitting at my feet
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Genuine compliments.

I have an 89 year old female client who always loves to see me. I helped her a few times and afterwards she developed a bond with me. Now everytime she sees me she requests a hug before she leaves and said, "I always need 3 hugs to make my day, my doctor, physician, and you." That just made me all happy and bubbly. To know I can make someone's day like that is just a nice feeling.

The Holiday Music channel on DishTV.
    Sappy - but great for bringing back good memories.
    I listen while I do housework, or cook, or read...heck I listen all the time!

+ Reply to Thread