+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 326 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    What makes me happy is when Mr. Rattus, who calls me infrequently, leaves a message on my work voicemail about something prosaic and ends it with a "love you, babe". After twenty years together, my heart still goes all fluttery and my eyes dew up a little. I'll save those messages for the 30 days allowed and listen to them every once in a while when I need a little heart flutter.
    I love that too! My b/f hates to talk to voice mail or machines in general but when he does, I LOVE to play it back to hear it every now and then.

Getting a really, really good full night's sleep when you haven't sleep for a long time and waking up all nice and warm and cozy without an alarm when the sun is actually up and like shining brightly like nature intended for us to wake up.

Stumbling out of bed, all bleary-eyed and sleepy, and discovering that before heading off to work, my fiancÚ has squeezed the last of the toothpaste on my toothbrush for me. (I never manage to squueze the very last toothpaste out myself.) It's such a simple gesture, but it always makes me all mushy and loving, almost five years into our relationship. Simple things like that always remind me what a wonderful man I have in my life.

Being woken up by a cuddle from my two cats.

Reading a chick lit novel in the bathtub.

Sleeping late on the weekend and having a big breakfast, like pancakes or French toast, and then go out for a long walk.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

A nice hot cup of tea on a cold evening.

Hubby

I have been married for 39 years and when my hubby comes home with a "just cause" present I am toast. Just cause I love you!!!!
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Just seeing my friend Nika, she is so funny and sweet and makes me laugh! Seeing her puts a smile on my face!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Finding a paper that you wrote 5 years ago...that really shouldn't matter...but brings back floods of memories when you find it.

Friends sending random dance mixes of people you have never heard of.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Getting my teeth cleaned!

Thinking I have an assignment due online, falling asleep, waking up 30 minutes before it is due, rushing to the homework site, and then discovering it isn't due until NEXT Monday.

Bliss.

When someone writes a testimonial for me on Friendster without having me asking them!

Singing and dancing and just having fun with my friends is definitely something that makes me happy! Catching a movie with them, saying stupid stuff, watching TV! I realize I love them soooo much! I call them my "Gang Of Bears" simply because my friend has a shirt with those words on it.

+ Reply to Thread