+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 325 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree633Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, this is going to shot my reputation all to hell but here goes......

puppies and kittens,
    even though I'm allergic to cats, I love to see them play, it brings a smile to my face every time. there I said it, now I'm sunk

When a friend surprises you by bringing you lunch! Yay! (Happened today...yummm)
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    When a friend surprises you by bringing you lunch! Yay! (Happened today...yummm)

and you don't mean when he walks up and says "I got your happy meal snack pack RIGHT HERE!!!" That doesn't qualify

FORT Newbie
    Looking at pictures of Clay always make me happy!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Basically it is a medium DP from Sonic, but I know some of you don't have Sonic in the north..

Are you kidding? Even in my small town we have three Sonics!

Great thread--makes me happy!

the beginning of my list:

-my dog--esp. when he licks my toes and runs really fast around the house (and his little voice when he sighs or "talks". It reminds me of Snoopy cartoons on TV)

-when my husband does his "silly dance"

-hugs, particularly from my husband

-Clay Aiken (songs, interviews, you name it!)

-unexpected life (like a plant/weed growing in a hole in the concrete sidewalk)

-tiny treasures, like little bottles for flowers; smooth rocks, interesting shells, etc. (I'm a hopeless collector of minutiae)

-Snapple bottle caps with "Snapple facts"

-the "ah-ha" feeling that comes when I'm drawing/painting--like all of a sudden the pieces fall into place--sometimes as a result of something I did, or even better, when other forces seem to be at work

-connections: visual connections, physical connections, personal connections, connections to something I read in a book, see in art, etc.

-lush, colorful things--art, nature, etc.

-mail from friends or relatives amongst the daily junkmail

-when one of my kids (students) gets excited about their work, or makes one simple comment that makes my day

-morning coffee in my "special mug"

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    and you don't mean when he walks up and says "I got your happy meal snack pack RIGHT HERE!!!" That doesn't qualify
    No.

We don't have Sonics here in MN, yet we see all the commercials. A friend of mine always jokes, "Why don't you ever let us go to Sonic?"

I'm wondering what the "silly dance" is that AliceBShoe's husband does!

AliceBShoe:
    "the "ah-ha" feeling that comes when I'm drawing/painting--like all of a sudden the pieces fall into place--sometimes as a result of something I did, or even better, when other forces seem to be at work"

Yes! I love that too!! and double I remember one of my art teachers talking about the three stages of a painting/piece of artwork. You love it. You hate it. You love it.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Fogey
    Great thread topic! Here are a few I can think of at this moment.....

Certain songs- Paticulary "songs of the summer". Every year, the best songs come out in the summer, IMO, anyways, and everytime I hear one of them in the winter, it makes me smile and think of the nice, warm weather we once had.

Compliments- I hardly ever get them, so when I do, it's a nice thing, whether that person is lying or not.

The Little League World Series- It NEVER fail! I've been an avid watcher ever since I was little, and still enjoy it today, and ALWAYS will. It's one of the few unspoiler sports, and non-poorly put together show. Sort of takes a break from all the reality tv crap, if you will. The best part, by far, is seeing the kids smile. Seeing a kid running home for the tie-breaking run, and the excitement.... it's just so great!

-Rach

Shazzer:
    I'm wondering what the "silly dance" is that AliceBShoe's husband does!
    If only I had a video-- It's hard to explain, but involves little to no movement from the shoulders up. Come to think of it, I have dance too. It always makes me laugh to do it. We're odd folk in the privacy of our own home!

On artwork, I think the three stages are true. (although I'm pretty hard on myself. I hate it a lot in the beginning!) I think all works, if pursued extensively enough, go through their "ugly duckling" stage, or "awkward adolescence." It's great to bring them past that!

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    When people smile. It's just makes them look better...everyone looks better with a smile on their face.

Being around my crush. He just makes everyone feel special.

Just being able to perform with people that are great. Not to mention funny...

Inside jokes. Hee hee...
    I was in love with a difficult man.

+ Reply to Thread