+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree687Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

I was put on a marrow registry 17 years ago after my sister died of TTP a very very rare blood disease (not genetic). I was notified yesterday that I am a match to a 51 year old woman. I got so so excited. In filling out the questionnaire I remembered offer living sister had been diagnosed with a pt20210 gene that can make her or even me if I had the same gene prone to clotting. I wrote that down. I have tried to google whether pt20210 can donate marrow with effectively results for the recipient. I know that they will do stacks of tests. I just thought that there might be a quick answer.....but I just want to help her if I can to safety.
    Cootie and Poppy Fields like this.
    You can do it!

First day at school.
    Ellen and Cootie like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    First day at school.
    Working with my tutees who are so happy and excited about their new school year (which started Monday for elementary, yesterday for high school and middle school).
    Cootie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I've received 1,005 likes. Why does that make me happy? I don't know, but it does.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I've received 1,005 likes. Why does that make me happy? I don't know, but it does.
    Looks like you have three more!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Deactivating my Facebook account!! Goodbye and good riddance!
    cavendish likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What makes me happy?
    Life does!!!
    I am a 3 time cancer survivor (age 10, brain tumor[Menegeoma], age 21 Uterine Cancer [discovered when I was 6 months pregnant], age 36 skin cancer), as well as a Service Connected Disabled Veteran (US Army 6 years). I currently am battling Fibromyalgia, Chronic Neuropathy, Arthritis and Compressed Disc's in my back (I am 3 inches shorter than I used to be). However despite my medical problems, I have succeeded in losing 130 pounds!!

I Garden and give the produce to my local food bank, I do charity sewing (cancer hats, preemie onesies, homeless sleeping bag kits, blankets for Project Linus and much more), I am very active in the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) as well as performing Honor Guard duty for Military funerals along side of the VFW and American Legion.

My life's motto is, Nothing is so bad, that you can not over come it. Laughter goes a long way to making yourself, and those around you feel better. I try and make the most out of every day. I have done so much in my life. I lived in Europe, I sang in a band, I play Cello and Bass, and you know, I don't think I would have done so much if I had not had cancer. My personal philosophy about life reflects the Tim McGraw song "Live like you're dying".
    "I can't wait for Frank to leave, so I can start winning physical competitions - Joe "
    I'll have what he's having, hahahahahaha!

Simple things in general make me happy.
    Since I got divorced & have gotten older, I've found that appreciating the little things can make you immensly happy. The big things are a quick rush that fade in time, but appreciating the little simple things stays with you & grows your happiness.
    What some people may call boring, I call happiness in small things.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Well said, Miss Scarlet

Mine today is healthy, delicious food.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Walking through a vineyard, seeing the sun shine through the multicolored grapes, getting close to harvest.
    inthegarden likes this.

+ Reply to Thread