+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Being in a (for now) cool, quiet, WiFi-equipped Amtrak lobby! We got to the MKE station early, checked our bags through to San Diego, and are just kickin' back and waiting for the train (with Quiet Car!) to take us to CHI. Then a quick lunch with a cousin, followed by a two-night trip on the Southwest Chief's Roomette. This will be the relaxing part of our trip. I'm also looking forward to getting out of this 100F heat and back home to where it's in the 70s!
    (...at least 'til the Santa Anas kick in...)
    Cootie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Books. Music - pretty much any type. Crocheting things and giving them to family and friends. Teaching myself to make bracelets, and giving them to family and friends. Cross-stitching. Drawing. Nesting in a bunch of pillows on my bed, in any season at all. Writing true, descriptive stories that make people smile, chuckle, or laugh.
    Last edited by ness; 07-25-2012 at 02:02 AM.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Sleeping in Saturday morning makes me happy. I don't have to get up at 7:15 to get ready for work. I can wake up when I'm darn ready to, get dressed when I want to, prepare a leisurely breakfast, spend time with my kitty cats, and spend a lazy day in bed reading or watching tv if I want to. Me Time is so important to retain your mental health and make you able to face the workweek ahead on Monday.

Summers when I can have a two-day weekend. In summer, my tutoring schedule is light, so lesson prep and follow-up only require the designated Friday half-day. During full-on teaching/tutoring, unbillable Sunday (in addition to unbillable Friday afternoons) is a workday.
    So, during summer, income sucks, but the extra time is nice for catching up on personal stuff and to work on curriculum improvements and writing e-textbooks.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Fall, drinking cappacino and hot cocoa, working out, so many things.
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

I just love it when things work out when you didn't think they would. Yesterday I discovered that I forgot to put something on my calendar. When I discovered the problem, I made a few phone calls and some person I didn't even know, said they would help me resolve it. They did and it was GREAT. Problem solved.

Then today, I discovered that I needed a document that would require me to drive two hours to get. I called someone and they got it and emailed it to me...FREE!!! How nice is that!

The simple kindness of strangers is unbelievable. I'm now ready to pay it forward!
    Ellen and Cootie like this.

Meeting a new student today, before school starts on Monday and having him so excited and teaching me a song.
    Cootie likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Getting a new cell phone....whenever that may happen.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sunflowers in bloom in my garden.
    inthegarden likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Singing while I walk!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread