+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 328 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Premium Member
    I feel happy when I see Gut posting in the "good news" thread.

Ah, Marleybone...
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 10-16-2005 at 11:52 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Ah, Marleybone...
    Well, it's true.

gut...it is always a double edged sword to see you posting in good news and bad...lol.

Anyways, I love to talk to my girls on the phone every Sunday (I am in Chile, they are in Canada) and hear their girlfriends laughing in the background. It makes me happy that they are okay and doing well.

To come home from school knowing that my two dogs are always so excited to greet me. Gives me something to look forward to, however small it is.

Laughing at the stupidest things, for the longest time, even after others have finished laughing. (The one who laughs last... )

Fridays.

To spend a night with my family, just watching a rented movie and eating pizza. Nothing fancy, just fun and relaxing.

Reading all the things on this thread that bring a smile to my face.

Little kids. My cousin says the cutest things, and then stares at me when I start laughing.

giz
    It's pouring with rain today, and I'm going to light a fire and have a cup of tea. I just got back from work, and got paid ahead this time. I'm going to be bad and buy myself a new sweater with it. Nice day.

Simple things that make me happy - trying to cook something that turns out delicious! It was just fried chicken but my b/f loved it and kept complimenting me on how good it was. It was my 2nd attempt at fried chicken so it made my Sunday!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic
    Sleeping in when it's really cold and just curling into a ball under the blankets... that's heaven.
    Oh, that reminds me of right now. It's freezing here in Toronto, and I can't wait to sleep under that warm, cozy blankets. I'm lovin' it.

Doesn't happen to often anymore, but once in awhile my girls, 16 and 20 will come up to me and say, I had lousy day, I need a "mommy" hug! And no matter how old they get, those mommy hugs always seem to help somehow. It's such a simple little thing, but it makes so happy.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambi
    Doesn't happen to often anymore, but once in awhile my girls, 16 and 20 will come up to me and say, I had lousy day, I need a "mommy" hug! And no matter how old they get, those mommy hugs always seem to help somehow. It's such a simple little thing, but it makes so happy.
    Bambi - as much as I love when my 6 year old does that, I know as a 36 year old woman, I still love a mommy hug from my mom every now and then!! Mom's hugs just help!!!

+ Reply to Thread