+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree775Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Here's a new one for me: my back is shot at the moment, and my bedroom is downstairs near the kitchen. This made me very, very happy this evening:

My older children (not by choice, mind you, sadly) were making dinner (their first time). Listening to them discuss what to make, who was to do what, flipping coins, bickering, laughing -- and actually pulling off a fairly decent meal - and being proud of it - and bickering over who would clean what - and doing it well...

now THAT is a simple thing (for me, not for them) that made me happy today
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I love it when little kids use big words. The other night we were watching TV and a female character had an "artful single tear" running down her cheek. I have known for some time that my 7-year-old daughter can produce tears on demand - it is a talent she is quite delighted with. I looked over at her a few seconds later and she had tears in her eyes. Then she said matter-of-factly, "Don't worry, these aren't real tears. It's just a demonstration."

ETA: I suppose this could have gone in the thread about stuff kids say, but the memory has been making me happy for the last 24 hours, so it ended up here!
    Cootie, coltnlasma and inthegarden like this.

So cute! For me, it is when my kids are playing together - really playing, no fighting, and they will say something nice to each other - like "you are my best friend". Just gives me hope that they will be friends and look out for each other when they get older.

My simple pleasure - I've had a pulled, painful something in left shin for a week and a half. Very painful. The school nurse suggested I ice it. I did and it went away! Just being able to do "normal" activities without pain is a real pleasure.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Shin splints?? I went to college in a hilly town and had to live with that awful pain every year, until I got accustomed to the stupid hills again! Ugly situation.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's what I thought, but the school nurse said if it was that, it would hurt to walk. Mine hurt going from bent to straight or straight to bent (getting out of bed) but walking wasn't painful.
    Anyway, my HUGE simple pleasure today is that I got a Wii console yesterday and Wii Fit Plus arrived while I was at work today, so I have all weekend to figure out how it works and try a new kind of exercise.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Cough syrup with Benadryl in it
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My simple pleasure - I've had a pulled, painful something in left shin for a week and a half. Very painful. The school nurse suggested I ice it. I did and it went away! Just being able to do "normal" activities without pain is a real pleasure.
    Wish I had seen this last weekend (the 14th and 15th). I walked 8 miles both days with friends and had wicked shin splits over the week. THey are finally going away but ice would have been easy to do on Sunday! Geesh, now I know!

Baby kittens...new one month old ones are already crying to make me pick them up!
    PGM--Ice is your friend, don't forget. And attagirl for walking that far!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do know that walking with shin splints is one of the more miserable pains one can suffer. Gut, did your school nurse give you a name for your discomfort?

And queen, your poor baby kittens NOT having their Auntie Shay there!! I'd be more than happy to pick them up!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread