+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 327 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree678Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

I love the techies and nurses that are really friendly and caring even though they must deal with thousands of patients a year. Being recognized as human when you go through medical treatments is really important.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    It really doesn't take much to make me happy... my mood turns up when a good song comes on over the radio
    i totally agree, if i'm in a crap mood and a good song comes on the radio I totally change and start to rock out.

Listening to my Newfies quietly snore lets me know that all is right in our corner of the world.

I had to giggle at the posts about having one's age guessed too low. Last weekend, a teenager guessed my age to be 72, which is off by about a quarter-century.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    especially if its from a sweet friend or a good buddy
    Mine are usually from my good buddy Pom! I have no "sweet friend". At least not the online variety.

Teenagers! Eh, Newfherder? I remember when I thought 30 was soooo old.

Another simple thing that makes me happy is waking up on a Saturday morning with a blank slate- a lot to do but nothing that has to be done. And I got paid yesterday. I'm goin' shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    The trees are just so beautiful this year! All the chestnuts are going orange and red and yellow, with a bit of green lingering. Still on colour, today I was just thrilled with the colour of Kito's sweater (little girl in the playground, sort of a muddy blue, knitted with a slightly darker blue), and Monica's sweater (purples, heathery). I know, I sound like I'm on acid, but today was really visual.
    I agree. I was driving through a canyon a couple of weeks ago and the reds were so brilliant the trees looked painted. It was cool to see the reds against the greens. I love the fall for that reason alone.

I'm listening to my children giggle as they play together on the floor. I can't help but smile!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Sleeping in when it's really cold and just curling into a ball under the blankets... that's heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic
    Sleeping in when it's really cold and just curling into a ball under the blankets... that's heaven.

I live for days like those.

Funny how sleep is a biggie for a lot of us. I don't like sleeping in, but I absolutely love that moment of getting under the covers and letting the world slide off my shoulders. I also have a habit of not jumping out of bed right away in the morning. Instead, I think of 3 things I'm grateful for, and go over what my goals are for the day. Then I get out of bed with a positive attitude and prepared to get going. Call me Pollyanna.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Funny how sleep is a biggie for a lot of us. I don't like sleeping in, but I absolutely love that moment of getting under the covers and letting the world slide off my shoulders. I also have a habit of not jumping out of bed right away in the morning. Instead, I think of 3 things I'm grateful for, and go over what my goals are for the day. Then I get out of bed with a positive attitude and prepared to get going. Call me Pollyanna.

well then call me PAULYANNA - I do the same thing pretty much, except in the AM (anywhere from 3:30- 4:30) I get the Breakfast I'm hungry slaps from Joey, I then sit on the bed for a couple minutes, give thanks for my life and other things and do the same as you Gutmutter! - I also remember the words of someone who I cannot remember: Keep smiling, because someone will smile back and other s will wonder what you're up to.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread