+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Hubby & I got some sorting done tonight. We are putting things in boxes 'give to charity' 'give as gifts' 'sell' and 'keep.' The last is ONE box. I'm hoping to get rid of nearly everything.

I was laid up a long time, and he's not the housekeeping type really (no worse than the average guy.) "To do" things piled up. I'd love to push through and do it all at once, but I'm weak physically still, and he hates sorting and organising. (I'm leaving a lot out, here.) It's really tested my patience.

The slightest bit 'done' is just like a big long swim in cool water. Under a waterfall with plenty of rainbows.

I hear you Brandy... I just took my "must haves" to Ohio this week and did a super-marathon dump run today. My eldest is taking a lot of what's left. All of this is way overdue.
    Count your blessings!

My coworkers surprising me on my birthday (their last day of school, they are teachers) with bagels and the birthday song. I think I may be too old for this, but it was sweet.

You can never be too old for this I'm glad it was a nice day for you.

I was on my deck today reading, with a glass of lemonade (on vacation this week ). I think it was the most perfectly beautiful summer day of the season. I heard the song from the ice cream truck well before it ever came in to view...and so apparently did every child in the neighborhood. As the truck turned the curve and came into my sight, it was such a joy to watch the kids running and riding their bikes from every direction to meet it. The combination of lemonade, blue skies, tinkling music and happy children, brought back that incredible childhood feeling of "summer vacation" freedom, when the whole summer just stretches out in front of you, filled with infinite possibilities and wonder....well, at least until Tuesday when I have go back to the office I almost grabbed a couple bucks and ran across the street barefoot to get my own bomb pop!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

You should have!
    My simple pleasure is just having the 3 day weekend stretch out before me after the mentally frazzled month I've had. There's not a thing I have to do until business offices open again on Tuesday. Well, the dog needs a bath, but I think I can handle that.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can you imagine how much happiness I felt at finding a glove (from a beloved hat/glove/scarf) set that has been missing for several years???!!!! I am doing the dance!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Joey snoring.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Monas' pictures
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3961710;
    Can you imagine how much happiness I felt at finding a glove (from a beloved hat/glove/scarf) set that has been missing for several years???!!!! I am doing the dance!!!
    Where was it?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread