+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree707Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

famita & Gutmutter, I am with both of you! My daughter went frame shopping with me last year and helped pick out some frames I wouldn't have even tried on that turned out to be great!

I am happy with the off and on rain we've had this week. I just planted some vegetables starts and seeds and the rain has been just right! A gift when I am a bit short on time.

My husband called me this morning and asked me what I had planned for the day. When I said, "just homework," he said he was planning on taking off early from work, then asked if I wanted to go to the city-wide garage sales. Let's see.... home work.... garage sale.... homework.... garage sale. (Yeah, homework lost big time!)
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What makes me happy is not having to worry about picking out frames, anymore!! Since my eye surgery, I just love riding past the optometrist office and waving!! I did enjoy the frame adventure when I had to do it, though...but I miss the people!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Speaking of eyes and frames, what makes me happy is I tried new bi focal contacts a couple of weeks ago, and I'm loving them!

I should probably look into those GuardianAngel. I find myself wearing glasses more often now because I can look over the tops if I need to read fine print.
    Simple pleasure today... it's dump day! I do marathon runs from 8-3 but at 3:00 I am a huge step closer to all the STUFF being gone from my house. A month from now I'll be in Ohio.
    Count your blessings!

I've been wearing contacts for 30 yrs. However the last few years, I needed reading glasses. What a major pain that is, I have reading glasses everywhere, put them on, take them off, very annoying. Bi focal contacts are the perfect solution!

Happy Dump Day! I love going to the dump, as I throw the garbage into the bin, I welcome new energy!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Glad to hear that bi-focal contacts are finally good to go. 20-30 years ago, when my doc said that I would have benefitted from them, they were not up-to-speed yet.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Whew! Didn't quite make it 'til 3, but got a lot of loads out. I love our dump. There is a huge quonset hut called the "free room" where you can drop off things that are still useable and take anything you want... books, dishes, toys, you name it. There are recycle bins for paper, glass, metal, plastic, and "construction". I hate for things to go to waste.
    Count your blessings!

prhoshay, that's the way it was 3 yrs ago or so, when I originally checked into them. They apparently have come a long way.

Gut, the free roam is a great idea. I wish we had that in my area. We do have every recycle bin you can imagine, which is all good.

I was trying on jeans earlier today, and when I stepped out of the fitting room to show my friend, the sales associate took a look at those jeans and suggested that I try a smaller size. I ended up buying the larger size, but the fact that I could even fit into the smaller ones made me reallllly happy.

+ Reply to Thread