+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 330 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree721Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Premium Member
    Yesterday I was selling my candles at a craft boutique. I overheard some ladies talking about them and saying "I don't need any right now but I really like her candles." Hearing that was almost better than making a sale. It was a really simple thing and it made me very happy.

waking up from a nap with Joey on my chest purring away and Mona next to me, with her head on my arm purring...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I agree, nothing is greater than being told, "You look so young!" Dag, I've met you, and you definitely don't look anywhere near 34.

Thanks, roses. I will definately continue coloring my hair. If I quit the gray hits and I will look my age.

Cooking supper each night while husband watches the boy. Husband grew up an only child with TV dinners and Post-it notes on the fridge because his parents were too busy for him. My family just woofed down their meals in front of the TV while I ate separately in my room.. So each night when I am cooking I am so happy inside because I know I am giving them more than just food. While I cook, I am daydreaming about future suppers with my *possibly* large family.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Awww CN, that's so sweet! It is the simple things!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Thanks, roses. I will definately continue coloring my hair. If I quit the gray hits and I will look my age.
    Okay, my simple thing is that I am in my mid-thirties and don't have to color my hair...yet. But I'm with you, dagwood, color away until it's completely white. I think you posted a pic somewhere or maybe on the FortCon pics thread but I agree that you look like you are in your 20's.

giz
    The trees are just so beautiful this year! All the chestnuts are going orange and red and yellow, with a bit of green lingering. Still on colour, today I was just thrilled with the colour of Kito's sweater (little girl in the playground, sort of a muddy blue, knitted with a slightly darker blue), and Monica's sweater (purples, heathery). I know, I sound like I'm on acid, but today was really visual.

Logging in and seeing that I have a new PM.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    Isn't that fun? I like that too. It's like logging in to your e-mail and having a new message from a good friend.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    especially if its from a sweet friend or a good buddy

+ Reply to Thread