+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree721Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

I thoroughly enjoyed the spring-like weather this weekend, too. After a long spell of feeling cold and grouchy, some sunshine and outdoor activity is such a mood-lifter!
    remember to play

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Watching The Godfather and The Godfather II this weekend really made me happy. It has taken me decades to get into these movies and finally enjoy them!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Getting the Oldsmobile out of the garage and taking it for a trip to the car wash and a ride around the block for the first time since October. Too cold to drop the top yet as it's only 54 right now. But the warm weather is on the way! Maybe tomorrow when goes up to 60!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3850426;
    Watching The Godfather and The Godfather II this weekend really made me happy. It has taken me decades to get into these movies and finally enjoy them!
    I read the book first (I think I was in junior high) and was fascinated by it. Although I liked The Godfather (first movie), I was kind of disappointed because the book was so much better. I liked Godfather II much more, because it included what I thought were the most interesting parts of the novel -- stuff that the first movie left out.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Looking forward to my daughter's spring break this next week. She's only going to be at my house for 3 or 4 days and then off with friends, but I'll take them! She's a sweetie and I miss her.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3850885;
    I read the book first (I think I was in junior high) and was fascinated by it. Although I liked The Godfather (first movie), I was kind of disappointed because the book was so much better. I liked Godfather II much more, because it included what I thought were the most interesting parts of the novel -- stuff that the first movie left out.
    That scene with the horse's head was way too disturbing for me. So I didn't keep up with the series.

Of course, "The Sopranos" (which I love and hate, lol) ripped off that "kill the horse" storyline, but maybe it was an homage to TG?

The simplest thing lately that makes me happy was finally taking a shower after a long, hard, physically and emotionally tough day that began while I was about to get into the shower and it was pre-empted. That, and my cats putting their paws on me, kneading or just placing them on me or pawing at me, keeping contact, pushing them on me while they're sleeping and dreaming and stretching, and trying to hold hands by putting a paw in my open hand.

Did I mention that I love cats?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

What made me happy today was waking up before the alarm went off and realizing this is my last day of work.
    There's no place like home!

Woo-hoo, captain - hope your workday passes quickly and is full of celebration (without being too bittersweet).

My simple thing is noticing a favorite tree, a weeping willow, starting to leaf out... spring is on its way!
    remember to play

Thank you for the kind wishes, kind of hard to say good bye after 31 yrs, have had a great career..time to let the young ones run the place now.
    There's no place like home!

Congratulations Captain. Enjoy your retirement!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread