+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 326 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    this little life inside me kicking away

Hearing my daughter say "Good night. Sweet dreams. Love you." every night.
    The way my baby's eyes light up when he sees me in the morning.
    Watching my husband reach down over each of my chidren's beds before he leaves for work each day and touching their foreheads as they sleep.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Right now, my older two kids are out back in their cowboy boots picking all the tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers from my garden. The kids are filthy and muddy. So cute!

FORT Fogey
    Stretching out on the bed after a very long day at work and a grueling couple of appointments at the hospital, and getting my face covered by kisses from the two best little dogs I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Stretching out on the bed after a very long day at work and a grueling couple of appointments at the hospital, and getting my face covered by kisses from the two best little dogs I know.
    That sounds heavenly- except for the long day at work, the grueling appointments and getting licked by dogs. But the stretching out on the bed part sounds great.

I hope the appointments aren't anything to be concerned about, Pommy. PM me if you need to talk, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    Hearing my daughter say "Good night. Sweet dreams. Love you." every night.
    The way my baby's eyes light up when he sees me in the morning.
    Watching my husband reach down over each of my chidren's beds before he leaves for work each day and touching their foreheads as they sleep.
    This is heaven! You are truly lucky Lildago
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Pommy-I'm thinking of you and hoping everything's ok... you know I'm here for you if you need to talk just PM me.

Oh yeah.. the reason I came in here. A simple thing like the weather cooling down so I don't have to walk around sweating like a big walking hot-flash makes me very happy.

I work with two sisters. One of them is my employee, the other works in operations. The one that works in my room and I were talking today. I don't remember about what but she said she was old enough to be my mother. I disagreed (she's 46 and I am 34, technically possible but highly improbable). She said "yes I am, what are you...25?" I wish but no I said I am 34 and she said I look way younger.

I was talking to her sister about it later and she said "she is too old enough". I asked how old she thought I was she said "28 or 29". Made me feel good. (also afraid because the girl in back usually does mean things for 30, 40, etc birthday, like gravestone cakes, and she realized she missed mine. I may be in trouble when 35 rolls around. )

Dagwood, as a woman approaching 40 at the speed of light, I feel the happy oozing from your post! Getting told I look younger than I am makes my day!

also.........

Having my teenage sons seek me out for a conversation! Well, that's simple, but transcendant! (Hello, am I still on earth? Trav, Jord, are you actually TRYING to initiate verbal communication? With ...... YOUR MOTHER!?!)
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I work with two sisters. One of them is my employee, the other works in operations. The one that works in my room and I were talking today. I don't remember about what but she said she was old enough to be my mother. I disagreed (she's 46 and I am 34, technically possible but highly improbable). She said "yes I am, what are you...25?" I wish but no I said I am 34 and she said I look way younger.

I was talking to her sister about it later and she said "she is too old enough". I asked how old she thought I was she said "28 or 29". Made me feel good. (also afraid because the girl in back usually does mean things for 30, 40, etc birthday, like gravestone cakes, and she realized she missed mine. I may be in trouble when 35 rolls around. )
    I agree, nothing is greater than being told, "You look so young!" Dag, I've met you, and you definitely don't look anywhere near 34.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread