+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree707Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

I'm extremely happy that I chose to have a 2nd cup of tea over going back to sleep this morning. My son spilled a glass of juice on a chair cushion before he left for school, so I sopped it up and leaned it against the wall by the space heater. I made my tea and was just about to log in here when I smelled the smoke. It didn't register with me at first and thought I had left the oven on but as I neared the kitchen, there was the cushion in flames If I had gone back to sleep, this could have ended quite badly as our smoke detectors never went off. Please be careful everyone.

Wow Bunny, I'm glad everything turned out all right. Your guardian angel was doing her job this morning. It's a good lesson for all of us to make sure our smoke detectors are working properly.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Holy Smokes, Bunny! (Sorry for the pun!)

You definitely did have a guardian angel watching out for you this morning!

Wow, Bunny.
    Good for you to have escaped that.
    And, thanks for posting the reminder at this time of year.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Glad everything turned out ok, Bunny! Thank you for the warning!

We had our first real heavy snowfall the other night. After dinner Mr. S suggested a walk in the snow, so the girls and I bundled up and we all walked up to my sister's house up the street for an impromptu snowball fight with the cousins in the front yard. This was followed by trying to catch a particular snowflake on your tongue and snow angels in the back yard. We were only gone for about 40 minutes but it felt so special and really put me in the holiday spirit.

Sounds like fun sweetpea, making some wonderful memories for the kids.
    I spent the day with my daughter-in-law, shopping for my grandson and generally having fun. Grabbed some lunch, talked about Zac and things. It was a fun day.

Baby napped for three hours yesterday afternoon, giving me enough time to wrap presents and get things in order for Christmas. That was just what I needed.

MRD

Being able to kick back and relax this afternoon and having Mr. Rosie home from work all day. He usually always works on Christmas Eve. This way, we're fairly organized and ready for everything and have time to just take it easy for a change. And THAT is a simple pleasure.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by rgw718;3776660;
    Baby napped for three hours yesterday afternoon, giving me enough time to wrap presents and get things in order for Christmas. That was just what I needed.
    Every time my babies napped was a simple pleasure!

MRD - I am with you on that, Mr. C is home today and not working, it is calm here. Hopefully he will leave the house for a little bit because I have a gift I am getting ready for him!

I enjoy having a small Christmas at home. I love the big family gathering, too, but it is a joy to stay home and relax.

+ Reply to Thread