+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree763Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Having the phone ring and my husband on the other end, asking what I want for dinner tonight! No dirty dishes!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3758133;
    Having the phone ring and my husband on the other end, asking what I want for dinner tonight! No dirty dishes!
    After a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, I just spent about 90 minutes cleaning up my kitchen! No dishes sounds great. And how considerate of your husband! My husband cooked the turkey, so I am grateful for that.

I made some spiced apple drink tonight that surely made my family happy. I put fresh cranberries and orange slices in the apple juice along with cinnamon and cloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3758144;
    After a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, I just spent about 90 minutes cleaning up my kitchen! No dishes sounds great. And how considerate of your husband! My husband cooked the turkey, so I am grateful for that.

I made some spiced apple drink tonight that surely made my family happy. I put fresh cranberries and orange slices in the apple juice along with cinnamon and cloves.
    Yeah, I spent the day cooking and doing dishes, too. But last night, on his way home from work, he brought home take-out. I guess he felt bad about all the work I was getting ready to put forth. He had to work, so I was doing it alone for his family. I didn't mind, but I love how considerate he can be at times.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Getting together with the family for thanksgiving; it's my favorite holiday.

And yesterday, my Dad delivered a new kitchen island that he designed and made just for me! . I love having the extra storage and work space (and it's big enough to sit at to eat too!) in my ittybitty kitchen but I especially love that my Dad can still do this stuff at age 76!

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=queenb;3758150;]Getting together with the family for thanksgiving; it's my favorite holiday.

And yesterday, my Dad delivered a new kitchen island that he designed and made just for me! . I love having the extra storage and work space (and it's big enough to sit at to eat too!) in my ittybitty kitchen but I especially love that my Dad can still do this stuff at age 76!

Wow!! That is gorgeous. You are lucky to have a talented Dad who can still do that kind of work at age 76.

Oh, queenb - that's lovely. My dad used to make a lot of stuff in his workshop, too. You are going to treasure that. My simple pleasure today is having my daughter fast asleep upstairs and a fridge full of gourmet leftovers.
    Count your blessings!

queenb, the island cabinet is beautiful. I have a small kitchen, too, so know what you mean about maxing out your space for storage!

Gutmutter, enjoy your daughter and your leftovers!

My simple thing - stepping on the scale and seeing that pesky number called my weight actually getting lower!

moving my belt a notch smaller.

My daughter living in St. Thomas is home for a couple of days. This is my only Christmas time with her, so I'm soaking it in. She shared her pictures of the beaches and islands she and her boyfriend have enjoyed. Incredible! She's living in paradise.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, that sounds like a dream come true! I'm so glad you have some time to spend with her-Enjoy!!

+ Reply to Thread