+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree775Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Don't forget a scarecrow made from old clothes stuffed with leaves... it's free!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3727273;
    Lots to be happy about......

Put the flannel sheets on the bed, so it is going to be nice and warm and toasty tonight (temps expected to go down to the low 30s....brrr!)

My old pc died and I got a new one and it is now all up and running....yay!

I have been wondering what happened to my iPod for longer than I care to reveal. Let's just say at least 18 months! Or longer. I have looked everywhere. Convinced that it somehow fell off my computer desk, ended up in the trash and was sitting in some landfill somewhere. Or I had it in my purse and it fell out somewhere. Well, last week, my older daughter's boyfriend bought her an iPod Touch (my younger daughter also has one, and they are pretty neat) and when she mentioned it to me, I said that if her boyfriend was feeling extra generous he could buy me one! Later on that night, my daughter called me up and told me that she had found my iPod at her house! HUH??? It apparently has been there "forever" and they thought it belonged to one of their friends. When they were setting up her new iPod, they checked out this iPod that has been hanging around there for so long and discovered that it was mine! I was totally shocked that it was there, and had been for so long. My son brought it up to me the very next day. Then I couldn't find my earbuds!

This really could go in the 'cute things children say' thread.....but when I heard my iPod was down at the kids' house, I knew neither of them "took" it, so I immediately thought my granddaughter might have taken it. Hmmmm. When I saw her we had a little chat. She said that she didn't take it, and said that maybe my son or daughter did. I told her that they wouldn't have taken it without letting me know. Then she said that I could have always gone out and bought a new one. Uh, that is not the point! Then I told her that her grandpa bought it for me as a Christmas gift and it was very special to me, etc., and I have been very sad that I couldn't find it.....for a very long time. She then asked if it has been missing since she was "like four years old" and I said, "Yes!" The lil stinker then said, "Well, grandma, maybe I did take it. I really don't remember. You know, I fell and hit my head on my fifth birthday so I can't remember a lot of things due to my head injury!" OMG! She never hit her head! She said she slipped in her mom's bathroom, but nobody was there to see it.

We then went into a lengthy discussion about lying and taking things that do not belong to you.

And my earbuds were found in her bedroom here the next day.

My iPod - and earbuds - when not in use, are now hiding in my underwear drawer!

So, all in all, things are just dandy in mamaC's world for now. When this kid is in her teens, well, she will probably be the death of me!
    This is so funny, thank you for sharing!

Very creative of her to come up with the loss of memory when she turned five tale. Very bright....... Maybe time to start locking up everything!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Reliving my childhood this weekend by playing in the leaves with my granddaughter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3730714;
    Reliving my childhood this weekend by playing in the leaves with my granddaughter.
    wow do you look young in this picture!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3730718;
    wow do you look young in this picture!
    If only my skin were still that smooth!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Foamy soap. First time I ever saw it was at a public restroom in a restaurant or something. I was like a little kid - gushing a ton into my hands, washing them, then doing it all over again 3 times.

MRD

waking up to crockpot oatmeal and a wonderfuly smelling house. Going back to bed with a bowl of hot maple syrup oatmeal and a cup of coffee and a warm dog and having breakfast in bed in the peace and quiet. Heaven.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Archie Bunker's whacked out sayings. He just told his little neice that playing football would give her "cauliflower elbows"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A good pen to write with. I finally found a store that sells my favorite cheap pen, a Pilot retractable ball point! For some reason, this fine, cheap pen disappeared from all the stores around here during the last year. They last for years, but I seem to lose them from time to time. I was getting ready to order a dozen online...

A daily morning routine that involves good coffee, swimming, sauna, and locker room banter. By the time I get to work I'm wide awake and in a great mood.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread