+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3717029;
    I am thrilled when all four of my gurls join me on my bed. That is an incredible rarity! A lot of the time, it means that the food dish is empty and they are all ganging up to give me "the stink eye"! Why can't they just love me for meeee???
    They do! They are just making certain that the STAFF keeps on top of things.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3717047;
    They do! They are just making certain that the STAFF keeps on top of things.
    Exactly! The want to present a united front when making their demands, think of it as a kitties' union, the Meowgurls Local 104.

I'm happy because I took my three dogs to visit my mom. They got so excited when they saw her coming of the house that I wasn't sure my car would contain them!

FORT Newbie

haha this is a very funny question i think,a kiss from my gf always made me happy lol

Jetame!
    Count your blessings!

Nail polish. It's seriously become a sort of addiction-I have 17 Essie shades and 33 OPI's, plus assorted minis from both brands.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3724690;
    Nail polish. It's seriously become a sort of addiction-I have 17 Essie shades and 33 OPI's, plus assorted minis from both brands.
    Those are my 2 favorite brands, too.

I've been noticing lately, though, that the polish thickens really quickly. I use the the nail polish thinner to thin it out, but after a couple of tries, it no longer seems to thin out very well.
    Trista, do you have any secrets to share on how you deal with this problem?
    Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

My practicum, passing my ethics for my thesis, becoming involved with professional agencies.. and oh so much more!

Lots to be happy about......

Put the flannel sheets on the bed, so it is going to be nice and warm and toasty tonight (temps expected to go down to the low 30s....brrr!)

My old pc died and I got a new one and it is now all up and running....yay!

I have been wondering what happened to my iPod for longer than I care to reveal. Let's just say at least 18 months! Or longer. I have looked everywhere. Convinced that it somehow fell off my computer desk, ended up in the trash and was sitting in some landfill somewhere. Or I had it in my purse and it fell out somewhere. Well, last week, my older daughter's boyfriend bought her an iPod Touch (my younger daughter also has one, and they are pretty neat) and when she mentioned it to me, I said that if her boyfriend was feeling extra generous he could buy me one! Later on that night, my daughter called me up and told me that she had found my iPod at her house! HUH??? It apparently has been there "forever" and they thought it belonged to one of their friends. When they were setting up her new iPod, they checked out this iPod that has been hanging around there for so long and discovered that it was mine! I was totally shocked that it was there, and had been for so long. My son brought it up to me the very next day. Then I couldn't find my earbuds!

This really could go in the 'cute things children say' thread.....but when I heard my iPod was down at the kids' house, I knew neither of them "took" it, so I immediately thought my granddaughter might have taken it. Hmmmm. When I saw her we had a little chat. She said that she didn't take it, and said that maybe my son or daughter did. I told her that they wouldn't have taken it without letting me know. Then she said that I could have always gone out and bought a new one. Uh, that is not the point! Then I told her that her grandpa bought it for me as a Christmas gift and it was very special to me, etc., and I have been very sad that I couldn't find it.....for a very long time. She then asked if it has been missing since she was "like four years old" and I said, "Yes!" The lil stinker then said, "Well, grandma, maybe I did take it. I really don't remember. You know, I fell and hit my head on my fifth birthday so I can't remember a lot of things due to my head injury!" OMG! She never hit her head! She said she slipped in her mom's bathroom, but nobody was there to see it.

We then went into a lengthy discussion about lying and taking things that do not belong to you.

And my earbuds were found in her bedroom here the next day.

My iPod - and earbuds - when not in use, are now hiding in my underwear drawer!

So, all in all, things are just dandy in mamaC's world for now. When this kid is in her teens, well, she will probably be the death of me!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, at least she wasn't trying to wear your underwear, I guess....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Decorating for Halloween with dollar store decorations.

+ Reply to Thread