+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

I was driving down I-5 near Salem, Oregon yesterday afternoon and saw an older sedan cruising in the slow lane. As I passed it, I saw troll dolls (most 5-6" tall) glued to the top, hood & trunk of the car. The trolls were all faced forward with their hair flying back. What a sight to see!

I thought Cootie said the trolls were 5 to 6 feet.
    Those trolls don't even look like 5 to 6 inches.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3636495;
    Nope, Cootie definitely said inches - I cannot imagine how one would glue trolls that were 5-6 FEET tall onto a car!!

I think the trolls on that car could be the 5-6 inch size, but some did look more like 4 inches. For some reason I busted up laughing when I noticed the trolls sticking out from the tires/hubcaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3636466;
    Yep, that was the car, but there were many more trolls! And they look lots cooler with their hair blowing in the wind on the road Thanks for the link. I tried to look this one up, but didn't find this picture.

norealityhere, 5 to 6 feet would have been amazing I think the dimensions I gave may have included their hair, too, after looking at Unklescott's link. I was driving while visually measuring, after all...

ETA - ClosetRTWatcher, I didn't notice those on the wheels until I saw the picture. Must have been some strong epoxy holding them on, because they are still on after nearly two months in hot weather. I do think some of the trolls added after this picture were bigger.
    Last edited by Cootie; 08-04-2009 at 02:01 PM.

When I first Googled I thought this was it. But then I noticed the Colorado plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3636718;
    When I first Googled I thought this was it. But then I noticed the Colorado plates.

Wow, I wonder if there is a club or association (maybe a Facebook group) for people who like to glue trolls to their cars...?

THanks, Cootie and Closet for correcting me. I really should read this board with my glasses.

I did, though, like the concept of the 5 foot trolls. I was even planning a trip there to see them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3636718;

I found this one after you sent the link to the Oregon car. I think I like the look of the Oregon Troll Car better as he had filled in more spots on the hood, roof and trunk area and I am pretty sure he had some bigger trolls added in, but I could have been overcome by troll-mania seeing those trolls with their arms spread out, enjoying the sights, with the wind blowing through their hair

There's someone in my area (NE Iowa) who drives around in a van with stuffed animals glued all over it. It's not cute in my opinion though, because the animals get real ratty looking and dirty and it just looks kind of nasty. The trolls seem to travel better.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread