+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree633Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

My grandparents died when I was quite young (or before I was born), my parents died when my kids were very young. I suppose that's why I am so determined to be the kind of grandparent that neither I or my kids were able to have. And after Tuesday, depending on the judge's ruling, I hope to have another granddaughter to make memories with. Here's a picture of my two girls together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

gabriel, you really are a good guy...

prhoshay, I have fond memories of my grandmother too ...and Lil Bit from what all I've read, you are on your way to being a wonderful grandmother too. What a sweet picture.

I have wonderful memories of my grandparents. One grandmother lived in our town and babysat us a lot. She was a true lady. At her funeral all the grandchildren came and nobody could remember her ever raising her voice in anger.
    Darling grandkids Lil Bit
    Count your blessings!

Lil Bit, those little girls are just precious. Good Luck with the hearing
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thanks all. The youngest one is turning into a little blondie too, which is another of the simple things in life that makes me happy although this is more of a spiteful happiness. Her other grandma (who is the main cause of our visitation problems) has black hair and I'm blonde. One time when I was picking up Alexis their neighbor was there and she said, "Ok, now I see where the girls get their looks." The other grandma looked like she had just sucked on a lemon. (petty I know, but what can I say... I enjoyed it!)
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Happy thought for today. . . . my mailbox is still standing!

Neighbors daughter is learning to drive. Their SMALLEST vehicle is a Jeep that looks like it wants to be a Hummer. She turned around in my driveway today after "missing" her own driveway, about 100 feet away. Personally, I'd like to see her drive the lawn mower around the yard, but it will probably never happen!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

What beautiful babies Lil. My simple pleasure for the night was having both of my kids home at a reasonable hour and not out in this weather.

Spending the morning with my dog D.Bo. He's not a cuddler, he actually runs when you try and pet him usually. He's sleeping on the couch next to me and it's so nice to have him here. He's a sweetie!

FORT Newbie

Talking with little bro about different stuff always makes me more confident and cheerful!

MRD

Lil Bit, hope the hearing goes well and it sounds like you are already a great grandmother to those two precious girls. I can't understand people wanting to deprive children of their family. I would give anything if my parents were still alive for my daughter.

Gabriel, you are such a sweetie.

My simple pleasure was actually getting a good long night's sleep last night.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread