+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3494847;
    I just got offered 4 tickets to the Phillies/Red Sox game on Sunday!
    Have fun! I went to the Phillies/Padres game last week. They (Phillies) pretty much killed us (Padres) -- but as much as I wanted to hate them, I had to respect their good playing! And as a bonus, I was at the game with Europeans who were at their very first baseball game. For one of the guys, it was a dream of his to see a ballgame ever since he saw Field of Dreams on DVD a couple years ago. Our seats were ground level, right next to the Phillies' bullpen. The pitchers and pitching coaching staff were so nice to us -- they chatted and posed for pictures. So whatever team you're rooting for -- have a great time!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thanks, everyone. Actually, I'm not a big baseball fan. But I do like to go to the games and get caught up in the excitement. And even better yet, my family all root for the Phillies, but my sister and her family are HUGE Red Sox fans. And, her family will be here next week for my son's graduation. So if the Phillies win, my son will just LOVE having my sister here to rub it in. Things won't go so well if the Phillies lose - but, well, we won't even think about that!

MRD

I mainly go for the beer.

Ellen that is SO cool. I love to hear stories like that. I'm glad they all had a great time.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The last baseball game I went to was a Twins game in the cities for my and my friend's birthdays a couple of years ago. We went for one reason and one reason alone. To see Joe Mauer Best baseball game ever... aka- I came home with a camera of butt shots
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

My hubby makes the best bed north of the Mississippi! And nothing can compare to the feeling of sliding into the cool, crisp sheets on a balmy evening. Smelling the fresh pillow as it cools my cheek. I always get a fantastic night's sleep on wash day! Not having to make the bed makes me very appreciative!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3495746;
    My hubby makes the best bed north of the Mississippi! And nothing can compare to the feeling of sliding into the cool, crisp sheets on a balmy evening. Smelling the fresh pillow as it cools my cheek. I always get a fantastic night's sleep on wash day! Not having to make the bed makes me very appreciative!
    Do you ever rent him out?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3495746;
    That's called "foreplay"......even though they may not know it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I always found my husband vaccuuming to be extremely sexy and if he threw in a load of laundry or unloaded the dishwasher. Woo boy!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

*opens door* WOOOO... Hokay! *backs out of room* *closes door*

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah...like you're not making notes after you back out of the room....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread