+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 332 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    Yesterday, I took my girls to the playground. The city hired a college student to dress like a pioneer and teach the kids about what it was like to live as a pioneer. Part way through his lesson he pulled out a fiddle and got the kids to line up and taught them a dance (kind of like a square dance)
    Here's what made me happy. Among the kids aged 4 to 10 were a few 13-14 year old skateboard kids. They were tough, they were cool... and they let that whole facade drop in order to learn a little square dance with the younger kids. Seeing my darling, innocent, curly blonde 4 year old being handled with kid gloves by this "tough" kid made me happy. And I'll never forget the smile on his face as he gently showed her which way to turn and the patience he had as he helped her along the way... *sigh*
    touque - that's a great story. There is a boy (age11) across the street from my folks house. My parents watch my daughter and my nephew(3) everyday, and as soon as he gets home from school he comes over and plays with the kids, shows them how to ride on a skateboard (he "kids" it down for them, like he'll go over a little bump, all while acting like its a big ramp - for their benefit). He always makes sure they wear their helmets and knee pads, and teaches them all the safety rules. Just because he is a good kid. They think he is SOOOO cool, because he treats them both with kid-gloves and with respect. He is adorable, too., Gonna be a real heartbreaker one day, he is. (My daughter says she wants to marry him when she grows up . I hope she does find someone like him)
    There truly are a lot of sweet kids around today
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

My new guy called me "honey" for the first time today.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    That's cute, ADK.

A good lunch makes me happy. I had one today.

I also like joking around and having a great time with the people I love. I've done that today.

And I enjoy a rousing afternoon game of foosball. I suspect my officemates will wander by shortly to haul me into one of those, too.

Perfect day so far.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

The simple thing that makes me happy...when people are cool!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitschcakes
    Completing a tough workout. Man, it sucks during-- but after...WOW! What a high!
    Oh, Hellz yeh! I love getting that sore feeling after an intense workout!

Just to update everyone: no foosball as yet. Not sure what's going on with my crazy co-workers. Maybe they're actually...working. Hm. Nahhh!!!!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Well, I got my foosball game in, and it was fun. But I missed an important phone call, which reminded me that another thing that makes me happy is being there for important phone calls.

Fort Member
    Whoo Hoo
    Post number 100
    Took me 9 months but finally got there
    Sorry Just had to celebrate and simple things that make you happy seemed the right place

Angel boy
    Going in my 4 month old's nursery to wake him up after he slept all night long and having him smile and giggle at me. What a feeling!!

+ Reply to Thread