+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

We had 50 degrees and some rain yesterday that melted off the majority of the snow. The wind was blustery and not too cold. The whole atmosphere just put me in a good mood. I know winter is not over yet, but it is like a little glimpse that spring is not too far off!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

sunny skies....we are experiencing rain and wind at the moment, but I remain optimistic that the sun'll come out...tomorrow,...bet...you get my point!

Receiving responses from my Freecycle posts telling me that my ads are funny. I'd be a little happier if they'd take my stuff and still think I'm funny, but appreciation for my writing style will do.

Also, saving $800 on the new couch I bought last night is making me very, very happy indeed.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Getting accolades for my speech yesterday. I personally thought it was not my best work, but it was better received than the others. Maybe I need to think more of my work is crap as others apparantly don't find it so. But when I think I've hit one out of th park, then everyone else thinks its just a single.

Rattus, on the couch savings and the funny freecycle ads. So give us an example of one.

Hey, speaking of, did you read that one on there about the muggar? It may be an urban legend, but it was funny.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Getting a phone call from an old friend yesterday. I hadn't talked to her in about 15 years and I recently signed on to Facebook to try to find old classmates. I found someone who I thought might be this woman's brother and sent him a message. We talked for about an hour and a half! We were really good friends in high school and I don't know why we drifted apart because we still have a lot in common.

Turning the radio on to discover a song you love has just started. For some reason when this happens it just feels like things have come together and it puts me in a good mood!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3320248;
    Turning the radio on to discover a song you love has just started. For some reason when this happens it just feels like things have come together and it puts me in a good mood!
    I love when this happens, too! Even though I have most of my favorite songs on my mp3 player, it still makes me happy to hear one of favorite songs unexpectedly on the radio.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Speaking of music....hearing Bohemian Rhapsody at ANY time!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3320284;
    I love when this happens, too! Even though I have most of my favorite songs on my mp3 player, it still makes me happy to hear one of favorite songs unexpectedly on the radio.
    I'm such a dork. When I listen to my iPod on shuffle and one of my favorite songs starts I always have a momentary "OH, I like this song!" thought. OF COURSE I like the song, why else would it be on my iPod.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It makes me happy to see cowboys in chaps!!! Thank you, Lord, for the gift of sight!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread