+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

MRD

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Come visit!

Tuesday I couldn't open my car door because it had frozen shut. We got rain and then it went to 17 degrees. I got the car door open and then the window wouldn't roll down because it was frozen.

4 days later, feels like spring. Crazy weather.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw 61 degrees today. That was a happy experience. Weather that warm scares me in the winter. It frequently precedes something bad, weatherwise.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Yeah, we had days like this the previous 2 winters and then either got really hard freezes in April that killed all the flowers or it snowed.

Spending the weekend with my cousins! Hockey, movies, out for dinner, them spending the night.. all of it was simply wonderful!

MRD

listening to my husband recite the dialog with the movie Casablanca when he's in the other room and thinks I can't hear him.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Singing along with the songs in The Wizard of Oz.......which I never miss!! (I don't care how many times it comes on!) My co-workers were amazed that I knew them all!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was in the sun and 50 degree weather today. It was lovely!

I am happy to be home after meetings 125 miles away. Nice drive, interesting conversations, and things accomplished.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3309722;
    Singing along with the songs in The Wizard of Oz.......which I never miss!! (I don't care how many times it comes on!) My co-workers were amazed that I knew them all!!
    I never miss it either (and it's the reason we got a 2nd tv when I was a child because it was coming on and dad said he wasn't about to watch it again, so he went and bought a 2nd tv). And I know all the songs too. It's my favorite movie and I have a Wizard of Oz Christmas tree and other WOO collectibles. I've also seen 2 stage productions (Eartha Kitt as the Wicked Witch and Mickey Rooney as the Wizard. Fabulous) and I've seen it on ice. The Cowardly Lion sat in my lap and tried to hide when they were going to the witch's castle during that production. That was an experience!!!

My simple pleasure is sitting here watching the sun come up through the trees. The trees are all bare and the sky is orange behind them. It's gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3308805;
    I used to have the most delightful brows... slightly arched, but curling up at the ends like little handlebar moustaches. Then I had chemo and they grew back weird... sparse, spikey, no curl, and on each side in the middle, one or two RED wires that stick out like bug antennae. !
    How many stations can you pick up?
    Buglover, due to overplucking when I was younger, age, and a nasty scar from a horse riding accident, i have almost no eyebrows. You get over the weird appearance after while.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3309975;
    How many stations can you pick up?
    Buglover, due to overplucking when I was younger, age, and a nasty scar from a horse riding accident, i have almost no eyebrows. You get over the weird appearance after while.
    I'm a redhead but my brows and lashes are very light - almost invisible. Happily, I have NEVER had to have the brows waxed and rarely have to pluck them. However, I have used many types of "pencils" to fill in the brows over the years. Two weeks ago, I discovered a new (or new to me) product for eyebrows. It's by Maybelline and it is called "DefineABrow". It is WONDERFUL. It's a self-sharpening pencil and it is very easy to apply - not hard and scratchy like some of the pencils are and NOT sticky. The pencil's other end has a tiny brow comb attached to it and that spreads the color more evenly. It is available in several shades. I'm not a huge fan of makeup, but I love this thing!

My simple thing is that I saw the first daffodils blooming in my yard today. My favorites!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread