+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

MRD

Re: What simple things make you happy?

I got my brows done for so long that now, the hair doesn't grow back. I'm serious. I haven't had to have my brows waxed in years. I looked like Cro-magnun woman before, but after years of getting those things ripped out by the roots, they finally took the hint and quit growing back.

my simple pleasure is that I do NOT have to go anywhere today. I love it when I don't
    HAVE to be anywhere and can stay home and do stuff I need to do here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love watching the wheels turning in my gurls' heads when they are about to do something that they have no business doing! Most entertaining.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Being able to take a shower. Our water is off for god knows how long today and I cannot take a shower yet!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3299760;
    I got my brows done for so long that now, the hair doesn't grow back. I'm serious. I haven't had to have my brows waxed in years. I looked like Cro-magnun woman before, but after years of getting those things ripped out by the roots, they finally took the hint and quit growing back.
    I'm jealous. I can only aspire to reach this point!! When that day comes, my simple pleasure will be no longer having to go get my brows waxed!

On the flip side I watched an episode of What Not To Wear a while back where a woman had tragically waxed her eyebrows in to a bizarrely skinny arc for so long they were afraid hers would not be able to grow back to a normal shape!! I guess I just don't quite understand why some women want to rip their entire brow off and then draw it back on...

My brows are broken. I have a horrible scar over my left eye which required many stitches. No hair will grow over the scarring so I have sparse eyebrows on that side. I've often considered shaving them off and drawing them on daily but there are many days I don't wear any make-up because I'm working at home so I would look really funny without eyebrows!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I used to have the most delightful brows... slightly arched, but curling up at the ends like little handlebar moustaches. Then I had chemo and they grew back weird... sparse, spikey, no curl, and on each side in the middle, one or two RED wires that stick out like bug antennae. I recently read in one of my daughter's magazines that the solution for those kinds of brows is to trim, not pluck. So that's what I'm trying now.

Oh, and simple/happy? (I forgot where I was) - having a week's forecast that doesn't involve any minus numbers!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3300054;
    I love watching the wheels turning in my gurls' heads when they are about to do something that they have no business doing! Most entertaining.
    oh YEAH, you can just see it in their little faces....

Being back in a WARM house - first Saturday of the month means standing outside for 3 hours collecting returnable bottles and cans for the seniors' after prom party. I am chilled to the bone!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

It's 70 degrees and there is not a cloud in the sky. I have thrown open the windows. I wish I could be outside. Damn research papers.

Closettvwatcher, I just got the funniest email about eyebrows. All kinds of pictures of very weird eyebrows on people. Wish I could post it here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3309097;
    It's 70 degrees and there is not a cloud in the sky. I have thrown open the windows. I wish I could be outside. Damn research papers.
    Show-off! I still can't feel my toes!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread