+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 334 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree775Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

PMs from FORT friends and a surprise one from Rumpshaker!

As cheesy as this may sound, the little, small things always make me smile which makes me happy. Stuff like nature. Just looking out the car window while driving...I see the hills, the sunset, the grass and the fresh flowers everyday but sometimes when I really pay attention to it, it makes me happy to know that I am alive and healthy and that I should be thankful for all that I have.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

I'm sort of the same way Leogirl. When I go camping I have to drive through the mountains, with green trees on both sides and a river rushing. Its a great 20 minute drive along that road. Other things are things like being home alone and being able to blare my music without someone, in my family , complaining

The sound of babies giggling.......it's sooooooo cute!!
    When old couples are walking in the mall or down the street holding hands...I love that.
    My little boys face, and just thinking about all the silly things he says and does....Like yesterday, when he realized he could move his knee caps....he was so amazed.
    Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!

"What would a dinosaur do?" ~ Joey

Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21
    As cheesy as this may sound, the little, small things always make me smile which makes me happy. Stuff like nature. Just looking out the car window while driving...I see the hills, the sunset, the grass and the fresh flowers everyday but sometimes when I really pay attention to it, it makes me happy to know that I am alive and healthy and that I should be thankful for all that I have.
    that or even walking around an area like that. If I'm awake early in the morning, I really enjoy listening to the birds start to call out to each other and sing in the dark.

FORT Fogey
    Watching a summer thunderstorm rolling in. We had one yesterday, and I stopped everything I was doing just to sit by my front door and watch it. I haven't done that in a while--it was very refreshing.

FORT Fogey
    Yesterday, I took my girls to the playground. The city hired a college student to dress like a pioneer and teach the kids about what it was like to live as a pioneer. Part way through his lesson he pulled out a fiddle and got the kids to line up and taught them a dance (kind of like a square dance)
    Here's what made me happy. Among the kids aged 4 to 10 were a few 13-14 year old skateboard kids. They were tough, they were cool... and they let that whole facade drop in order to learn a little square dance with the younger kids. Seeing my darling, innocent, curly blonde 4 year old being handled with kid gloves by this "tough" kid made me happy. And I'll never forget the smile on his face as he gently showed her which way to turn and the patience he had as he helped her along the way... *sigh*

Completing a tough workout. Man, it sucks during-- but after...WOW! What a high!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kitschcakes
    Completing a tough workout. Man, it sucks during-- but after...WOW! What a high!

Went to the aquarium yesterday. They have a pond with rays and starfish. You can pet the rays. It was so cool to have them come up the side of the pond to be touched. I felt like a little kid again. Then the shark tank...that was way cool, too. I can't wait until they open the real aquarium, not just the exhibit.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread