+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Financial aid paperwork for school.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3288057;
    What is FAFSA?
    It determines how much financial aid you qualify for based on your income and how many of your kids are in college. With the economy so tight, we've been advised it's first come first served, so I wanted to do it as soon as I had my tax numbers. It is a bother to fill out the first time, but subsequent years you just make any changes.
    My simple pleasure today is that I made it to the Y on the weekend! I sat in one of the luxury, padded reclining bikes, listened to music, read a magazine and hardly knew I was exercising! The time went by so fast.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3288083;
    It determines how much financial aid you qualify for based on your income and how many of your kids are in college. With the economy so tight, we've been advised it's first come first served, so I wanted to do it as soon as I had my tax numbers. It is a bother to fill out the first time, but subsequent years you just make any changes.
    My simple pleasure today is that I made it to the Y on the weekend! I sat in one of the luxury, padded reclining bikes, listened to music, read a magazine and hardly knew I was exercising! The time went by so fast.
    Reads as if you really had a good time! Good news on the FAFSA. I've been thinking and sending good thoughts your way.
    Last edited by just1paul; 01-24-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks gabriel! I've been listening to a book on 4 CDs in my car by Carolyn Myss about generosity and it reinforces my belief that positive thoughts and prayers sent by others are powerful catalysts. So again, thanks! I'm over joyed it turned out so well.
    My simple pleasure tonight is sending my beloved son back to college after a month break. He's the drama queen of the family these days.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3288105;
    Thanks gabriel! I've been listening to a book on 4 CDs in my car by Carolyn Myss about generosity and it reinforces my belief that positive thoughts and prayers sent by others are powerful catalysts. So again, thanks! I'm over joyed it turned out so well.
    My simple pleasure tonight is sending my beloved son back to college after a month break. He's the drama queen of the family these days.
    So why have we not read stories of his recent stay and the amusement?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'll tell ya gabriel... I love that boy dearly and hate to say bad things about him. He was always the cutest child with curly blond hair and dimples, athletic like you wouldn't believe, and smart. I always worried that things came too easliy for him and he wouldn't develop strong moral fiber. I hope he grows out of this phase of being the preening peacock (girls chase after him). He took more clothes back with him than I've owned in 3 decades. He's only 20, so I still hold out hope.
    Count your blessings!

Seeing grey whales fluke [show their tails when they dive down into the ocean] and humpback whales breach [jump high out of the ocean] -- all in the same hour!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3288130;
    Seeing grey whales fluke [show their tails when they dive down into the ocean] and humpback whales breach [jump high out of the ocean] -- all in the same hour!
    Nice! I used to work on a boat in Hawaii that would sit in a channel and watch humpbacks swim by. It was wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3288109;
    I'll tell ya gabriel... I love that boy dearly and hate to say bad things about him. He was always the cutest child with curly blond hair and dimples, athletic like you wouldn't believe, and smart. I always worried that things came too easliy for him and he wouldn't develop strong moral fiber. I hope he grows out of this phase of being the preening peacock (girls chase after him). He took more clothes back with him than I've owned in 3 decades. He's only 20, so I still hold out hope.
    You just described my oldest son to a tee. Girls started calling him when he was 12!! He personally kept Tommy Hilfiger in business I think, and was a bit of a preening peacock himself a few years ago. He's 26 now, holding a steady job, (well, he always had a steady job. Had to have some means to keep himself in Tommy jeans since mom wouldn't buy them for him), has a wonderful girlfriend and he will even wear jeans from Walmart now! I wish he would settle down and give me a couple of grandkids, but I guess that's his business so I try to keep that to myself.

Breakfast cooking and a crockpot of frijoles simmering for dinner! And it is raining a little right now. Feels just right.

+ Reply to Thread